Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 PM PDT
The Vegas oddsmakers don’t like the Oakland Athletics chances of winning the World Series. Sure, they’re up there on the list, but they are behind seven other teams, including the Pittsburgh Pirates, who are having their first winning season since 1992.
Here’s how Bovada.lv stacks up MLB’s World Series contenders:
Los Angeles Dodgers – 13/4
Detroit Tigers – 19/4
Atlanta Braves – 13/2
Boston Red Sox – 15/2
Texas Rangers – 10/1
Pittsburgh Pirates – 11/1
St. Louis Cardinals – 11/1
Oakland Athletics – 12/1
Cincinnati Reds – 14/1
TampaBay Rays – 14/1
New York Yankees – 25/1
Baltimore Orioles – 28/1
Vegas currently thinks the A’s are the fourth-best team in the American League. Maybe they didn’t see this catch.
The Oakland Athletics are one game behind the Texas Rangers in the American League West. They have Bartolo Colon back in the starting rotation and Opening Day starter Brett Anderson pitching out the bullpen as a long reliever. With the A’s pitching depth, they have the ability to make a deep run. Their key will be getting consistent contributions from Coco Crisp, Yoenis Cespedes, and anything from Josh Reddick’s potential return.
Odds to win the 2013 AL Pennant
Detroit Tigers – 2/1
Boston Red Sox – 15/4
Texas Rangers – 5/1
Oakland Athletics – 6/1
The A’s have one of the softest remaining schedules and lead the pack for the AL Wild Card by 2.5 games. According to postseason probability ratings by Baseball Prospectus, the A’s have a 96 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|