Sep 6, 2013, 8:58 PM PDT
This picture is worth a thousand words about the A’s and Astros this season. We’ll keep it much shorter than that, though.
The Oakland Athletics are the defending American League West champs. The Houston Astros are AL West newcomers. The A’s are fighting for another division crown. The Astros are fighting to finish the season. The A’s have won 81 games. The Astros have won 47. The A’s lead the series vs. the Astros 13-4.
Nate Freiman is six-foot-eight. Jose Altuve is five-foot-five. The picture says it all.
Also worth noting: The Astros released Freiman and the A’s claimed him. He is 11 for 26 (.423) with three doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI in 10 games against Houston.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- George Kittle should not show up without new contract, says Donte Whitner
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady 'identified' Raiders as team he could win with
- Recent NFL draft history suggests Raiders should be wary of first-round WRs
- 2020 NFL Draft profile: CeeDee Lamb could fill Emmanuel Sanders' 49ers role
- Will Clark shares funny story about homer in MLB debut off Nolan Ryan
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- 49ers' Fred Warner using Super Bowl loss as offseason training motivation
- How Mike Fiers rewarded Jurickson Profar, Ramon Laureano for no-hitter
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|