Sep 10, 2013, 1:08 PM PDT
There were thousands of little Elvi‘ at AT&T Park on Monday night for Elvis Presley tribute night. The Giants gave away bobbleheads and posters to a select number of fans in attendance. The game was announced as a sellout, but it looked like there were plenty of low-traffic places in the crowd to avoid getting your blue suede shoes stepped on.
The special event featured pregame and in-game Elvis-themed entertainment, many people in Elvis costumes, and an opportunity to win prizes. The event helped raised money for the The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation.
An Elvis giveaway event seems pretty random. The King of Rock spent his time in Graceland not San Francisco, but according to the Giants, Presley may have been a fan of the club. Why else would he have baseballs signed by Willie Mays and Willie McCovey?
The Giants left the building when Brandon Belt sent the fans in attendance home happy with a walk-off hit in the 10th inning. You can see why it was a fitting ending to the game here.
There were plenty of “hunks” of burning love at the ballpark on Monday. Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights).
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steph Curry donating Breonna Taylor tribute shoes to Black Lives Matter
- Bob Melvin supports Buster Posey's decision to opt out of 2020 season
- How Andrew Wiggins won over Damion Lee, Warriors with quest to improve
- Kings' Luke Walton brought seven pounds of coffee to Orlando bubble
- Jon Stewart reveals ex-Warriors center JaVale McGee caused great GIF
- Four Kings' traveling party members didn't fly to NBA's Orlando bubble
- Giants' top prospects should usher in bright new era in near future
- Steph Curry honors Breonna Taylor on shoes at Lake Tahoe golf tournament
- Giants' Buster Posey bares his heart after opting out of 2020 MLB season
- Warriors' Steve Kerr tells hilarious story from 2014 Ron Adams interview
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|