Sep 12, 2013, 11:24 AM PDT
Seattle’s Finest will be donning 49ers jerseys on Sunday. No, it’s not a renegade showing of support for San Francisco’s football team, it’s merely a law enforcement tactic.
Police officers at CenturyLink Field will be undercover posing as 49ers fans in an effort to make sure the “12th man” isn’t being too hostile during the intense rivalry game.
The Seahawks and 49ers will be competing in the marquee matchup of the week, as they are featured on Sunday Night Football. A night game means there will be plenty of time to tailgate and throw back beverages.
The verbal sparring has already begun between the players on both teams, which is a sign that it will be pretty rowdy in the crowd as well.
The law-enforcement tactic being used by the Seattle police is not an uncommon one in NFL cities. San Francisco police officers often go to Candlestick Park wearing the jerseys of opposing teams in order to spot troublemakers.
The Seahawks currently have some of the loudest and most loyal fans in the NFL. With that in mind, the franchise takes fan behavior seriously. Those who violate the Seahawks fan code of conduct will have to complete an online educational course before they will be allowed back into the stadium and in some extreme cases of bad behavior, Seahawks season tickets may be revoked.
It’s widely known that bad decisions are often made after a few adult beverages, but the Seattle Police Department hopes Seahawks fans will think twice before talking crap to a guy wearing a Kap jersey.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox cuts hair off during NBA's coronavirus stoppage
- Earthquakes' Thompson wants focus on coronavirus, not sports right now
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers fans don't want to trade down from No. 13 pick
- Sharks' Mario Ferraro reveals lesson learned in whirlwind rookie year
- Why Warriors' Eric Paschall, Draymond Green have 'great' chemistry
- WATCH: Vince Carter goes off in Kings' 2017 win over Cavs
- Stanford doctor draws Steph Curry, Klay Thompson art on Etch A Sketch
- Why NFC's No. 1 seed is vital for 49ers in expanded NFL playoff format
- Earthquakes' Tommy Thompson challenging kids during coronavirus stoppage
- How Gabe Kapler is using video games to stay prepared for upcoming season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|