Sep 16, 2013, 4:01 PM PDT
Sales of the San Francisco 49ers’ no. 7 jersey have dropped to 10th in the NFL. According to Dick’s Sporting Goods and their jersey report, Colin Kaepernick’s jersey accounts for two percent of all jersey sales at their national sporting goods chain after the second week of the NFL season.
As recently as September 2, Kaepernick’s jersey accounted for four percent of the NFL jerseys sold, which ranked ninth on the list.
Here are the most popular players in the league ranked by total jerseys sold over the past week.
Top 10 NFL Jersey sales: (Dicks Sporting Goods)
1. Robert Griffin III, WAS
2. Andrew Luck, IND
3. Peyton Manning, DEN
4. LeSean McCoy, PHI
5. Eli Manning, NYG
6. Ray Rice, BAL
7. Joe Flacco, BAL
8. Victor Cruz, NYG
9. Tom Brady, NE
10. Colin Kaepernick, SF
There are some interesting trends in the data. In the past week, more than 40 percent of all NFL jerseys sold bear the name of a quarterback. Robert Griffin III outsold 29 other teams as a whole and has been the most popular players since the end of the 2012 season.
Here’s how Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers jersey sales stack up against each other over the past 30 days. For what it’s worth, neither team ranks in the top 10 in total sales. The Raiders are the 28th most popular team by jersey sales and Darren McFadden has the highest selling jersey on the team.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
- How Gabe Kapler, Giants coaches are getting work done during MLB hiatus
- Kings players provide meals to locals in need during coronavirus pandemic
- Tom Brady discusses 'partying' days at Serra High School in San Mateo
- What Brodie Brazil misses about sports during the coronavirus hiatus
- Tom Brady won't say he's better player than 49ers legend Joe Montana
- 2020 NFL Draft: How Ashtyn Davis went from walk-on to Cal star safety
- Zaza Pachulia still in awe of 2016-17 Warriors' unquestioned greatness
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|