Sep 18, 2013, 12:38 PM PDT
After making the catch of a lifetime, the Great Glove Granny is going national.
Santa Rosa resident Virginia Smith captured the attention of the Bay Area when she made a slick catch that was caught by Comcast SportsNet’s cameras at a Giants game on September 10. Since then, Smith, a 78-year-old great grandmother, has been featured on Giants Postgame Live, all over the internet, and on Wednesday, she appeared as a guest on NBC’s nationally televised talk show “Bethenny.”
Smith had the glove and ball with her when she appeared on the show. Bethenny, the show’s host, surprised Smith with World Series tickets during the segment. It’s too bad she won’t be able to watch her Giants in the Fall Classic.
The video for the segment isn’t online yet, but you can watch Smith’s interview with Greg Papa that took place shortly after she made the catch while we track down the clip.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders QB Derek Carr vents frustration about death of George Floyd
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo absorbs Joe Montana's wisdom about winning
- NFL rumors: George Kittle, 49ers 'not close at all' on new contract
- Evander Kane says white athletes must speak against police brutality
- Dee Ford on the brotherhood he formed last season with NIck Bosa
- Runnin' Plays Podcast: Tom Haberstroh on MJ's secret Dubs practice
- Sharks players laud Bob Boughner's performance as interim head coach
- Logan Couture: The Sharks will look to rebound following the 2019-20 season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|