Sep 25, 2013, 4:31 PM PDT
Giants fans have a new toy to play with at AT&T Park. In addition to the hidden bowling alley, the digital cafe, the Coca-Cola bottle slide, and the cable car on the right field arcade, fans will now be able to pull out their mobile devices and upgrade their seats.
Starting tonight, Pogoseat will offer a service through the MLB.com At The Ballpark app, that allows fans to upgrade their tickets. The Oakland Athletics have been offering the same seat upgrade feature since April. In fairness, they’ve had a few more seats available this season.
The feature can be used from the time gates open through the fifth inning. Fans will have to pay the difference in purchase price between the seats, with a minimal fee of $10. There’s a feature inside the app that shows which seats are available.
It could also be a crafty way to sneak around the ballpark and get a free seat upgrade after the fifth inning — as long as the ushers don’t notice.*
* Field of Teams in no way condones this activity. Do so at your own risk. But, seriously, it’s a clever idea isn’t it?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|