Sep 25, 2013, 4:31 PM PDT
Giants fans have a new toy to play with at AT&T Park. In addition to the hidden bowling alley, the digital cafe, the Coca-Cola bottle slide, and the cable car on the right field arcade, fans will now be able to pull out their mobile devices and upgrade their seats.
Starting tonight, Pogoseat will offer a service through the MLB.com At The Ballpark app, that allows fans to upgrade their tickets. The Oakland Athletics have been offering the same seat upgrade feature since April. In fairness, they’ve had a few more seats available this season.
The feature can be used from the time gates open through the fifth inning. Fans will have to pay the difference in purchase price between the seats, with a minimal fee of $10. There’s a feature inside the app that shows which seats are available.
It could also be a crafty way to sneak around the ballpark and get a free seat upgrade after the fifth inning — as long as the ushers don’t notice.*
* Field of Teams in no way condones this activity. Do so at your own risk. But, seriously, it’s a clever idea isn’t it?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|