Sep 28, 2013, 10:27 AM PDT
For a big man, Andrew Bogut is awfully sneaky. The Warriors’ center showed off his sense of humor at media day by pranking several of his teammates. Stephen Curry got the worst of it.
During Curry’s interview session, Bogut waited until someone asked a question about him, then grabbed a recorder from a media member and shimmied his way into the scrum. Positioned behind Curry, he moved the recorder closer and closer to Curry’s face until it was practically inside his mouth.
At that point, Curry got suspicious, but still didn’t know that it was the big Aussie playing a trick on him. After the laughs gave it away, Bogut fired off a question to Curry about his new Under Armor contract.
After pranking Curry, he moved on to mess with forward Harrison Barnes and guard Kent Bazemore.
“That was great,” Bogut said. “You’ve just got to change things up and lighten things up a bit, because you guys weren’t asking the tough questions.”
Bogut believes keeping it light is one of the keys to success. The Warriors are no strangers to pranks. Last season, they filled Bazemore’s car with popcorn.
Bogut also personally removed the wheels from center Festus Ezeli’s car last year.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- A's have plenty of outfield options should Stephen Piscotty miss time
- Kings fall to Thunder, suffer critical loss in hunt for playoff spot
- Giants GM Scott Harris explains signing Hunter Pence over Kevin Pillar
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Chase Young motivated by former teammate Nick Bosa
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|