Sep 30, 2013, 1:35 PM PDT
You’ll soon be able to take a seat in the 49ers’ new home. On Tuesday, the first seats will be installed inside Levi’s Stadium.
They will be installed in the lower bowl of the stadium, where roughly two-thirds of the venue’s 68,500 seats will be located. It is expected to take over 17,000 man-hours to complete the full installation process.
The 49ers claim the lower bowl at Levi’s Stadium will be one of the largest in the NFL and it’s expected to hold over 45,000 seats. According to a team release, the abundance of lower bowl seating is designed to bring the majority of the fans closer to the action.
The seats are manufactured in Hayward. At 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, there are a couple examples of the types of seats that will be found in the new stadium. Here’s a sneak peek.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing for long wait on draft day
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
- Lorenzo Gagli, Edoardo Molinari added to Oman field after negative coronavirus test
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|