Oct 1, 2013, 1:40 PM PDT
Nobody got more bang for their buck than the Oakland Athletics did in 2013. For a second season in a row, they were the most cost-efficient winning team in Major League Baseball.
As frequently as fans check the MLB standings, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the A’s front office kept an equally close eye on MLB’s cost-per-win rankings.
According to this awesome interactive chart by Ryan Sleeper, the A’s spent $631,922 per win. They were one of three teams that finished in the bottom 10 in payroll and the top 10 in wins. The Indians and Rays were the other two teams to pull it off.
The Astros spent $432,600 per win and the Marlins spent about $586,160, but neither team did much winning. Therefore, they weren’t really very efficient. Over at the site, you can see how well each team did with their payroll. It’s a pretty fun way to kill a few minutes.
You can also get in a good laugh at the Yankees expense. They spent $2,692,182 per win and didn’t make the playoffs.
Here are the rest of the A’s stats from OSMGuy.com
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing at combine
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
- Lorenzo Gagli, Edoardo Molinari added to Oman field after negative coronavirus test
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|