Oct 1, 2013, 1:40 PM PDT
Nobody got more bang for their buck than the Oakland Athletics did in 2013. For a second season in a row, they were the most cost-efficient winning team in Major League Baseball.
As frequently as fans check the MLB standings, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the A’s front office kept an equally close eye on MLB’s cost-per-win rankings.
According to this awesome interactive chart by Ryan Sleeper, the A’s spent $631,922 per win. They were one of three teams that finished in the bottom 10 in payroll and the top 10 in wins. The Indians and Rays were the other two teams to pull it off.
The Astros spent $432,600 per win and the Marlins spent about $586,160, but neither team did much winning. Therefore, they weren’t really very efficient. Over at the site, you can see how well each team did with their payroll. It’s a pretty fun way to kill a few minutes.
You can also get in a good laugh at the Yankees expense. They spent $2,692,182 per win and didn’t make the playoffs.
Here are the rest of the A’s stats from OSMGuy.com
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kaepernick addresses the media in a different spot each week
- Details behind how 49ers fans pranked Seahawks' 12th Man
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Logan Couture reflects on Sharks tough season and first year as captain
- Ex-Giants manager Dusty Baker reveals his challenge when MLB returns
- Harrison Barnes, Kings want chance to make NBA playoffs upon restart
- NBA rumors: Warriors using 'IQ tests' during Zoom draft interviews
- Joe Staley, 49ers give virtual graduation ceremony to class of 2020
- Lou Trivino gives his insight on minor league baseball situation
- Why 49ers might trade Dee Ford to make room for George Kittle extension
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo facing 'prove-it time,' ESPN analyst believes
- Steve Kerr believes Warriors' 73-win NBA record never will be broken
- Steve Kerr discusses 'Last Dance' crew's impact on Michael Jordan, Bulls
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|