Oct 4, 2013, 11:54 PM PDT
Here’s the first game of the A’s-Tigers American League Division Series in .GIF form. We’re using fan tweets to demonstrate the raw emotions of the game. There were a lot of fun overreactions on Twitter. Special thanks to Carmen Kiew for her assistance on the .GIFs.
Bartolo Colon gets off to a rough start. He allows three runs on four hits.
Daric Barton misses a ball hit by Alex Avila that allows the Tigers to score their third run:
A’s go down in order in the first:
Yoenis Cespedes hits a one-out triple in the second inning:
Josh Reddick can’t drive home Cespedes and the A’s don’t score:
Colon shuts down the Tigers in the second and third innings:
Barton strikes out in the third inning:
Max Scherzer strikes out the side in the fourth inning:
Josh Reddick strikes out for a second time. Scherzer ends up finishing the top of the fifth with nine strikeouts:
Reddick throws out Victor Martinez as he tries to score on a single. Everybody likes Reddick again:
Before the bottom of the seventh, TBS accidentally cut to an episode of Seinfeld:
Cespedes smashes a ball into the left field bleachers and the crowd goes absolutely bonkers. Tigers lead trimmed to 3-2:
Cespedes giveth and Cespedes taketh away. He whiffed on a ball hit to left field by Martinez that would have been the third out. Sean Doolittle ended up striking out Avila to end the frame:
Doolittle lets out his inner fire after striking out Jose Iglesias to end the top of the ninth. Doolittle threw 1 2/3 scoreless innings and struck out three batters:
The A’s dropped the game 3-2. They struck out 16 times, which is an Oakland postseason record. Here’s a palate cleanser to cheer you up for tomorrow.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Labanc benefits from big bounce vs. Panthers
- Brenden Dillon breaks down when asked about potential Sharks trade
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 5-3 matinee loss to Panthers
- Why Marquise Goodwin, 49ers parting ways this offseason makes sense
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|