Oct 7, 2013, 2:07 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Detroit Tigers in the third game of the American League Division Series. The raw emotion wasn’t limited to the field during the 6-3 win. Here’s a look at what went down through GIFs and the crazy tweets of the fans.
There will be total coverage from Detroit on CSNBayArea.com from Joe Stiglich and Kate Longworth.
Make sure to check out Comcast SportsNet California for October Quest before and after every postseason game.
Coco Crisps leads off the game with a double:
Josh Donaldson, Jed Lowrie, Brandon Moss and Yoenis Cespedes can’t drive him home. Cespedes strikes out with runners on the corners to end the top of the first inning:
Anibal Sanchez strands A’s leadoff runners for a second straight inning:
Jarrod Parker is scoreless through two frames:
A’s get two runners on to start the third inning but fail to move the runners over:
Cespedes smokes a ball toward third and Miguel Cabrera can’t handle it. Crisp comes around from second to score the A’s first run:
For the fourth consecutive inning, the A’s get the leadoff hitter on base. This time, it’s Josh Reddick, as he hits a solo home run to right field to give the A’s a 2-0 lead:
Stephen Vogt follows with a triple. He shows off his muscles before he continues to show off his wheels, by barely beating home the throw on a Crisp sacrifice fly to left field to make it 3-0:
Parker can’t secure the shutdown inning. The Tigers rally for three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning to tie the game:
The A’s answer back. Brandon Moss clubs a deep home run that forces Sanchez to lose his temper and the lead:
Sanchez is left in the game to face Seth Smith with a runner on first. Smith entered Game 3 with a career .368 average and three home runs against Sanchez. He crushes a two-run shot to give the A’s a 6-3 lead:
After the A’s take a three-run lead, they put the stranglehold on defensively. The Tigers can’t muster much of anything on offense against Dan Otero in the sixth and seventh innings. Sean Doolittle pitches a scoreless eighth frame:
Benches clear after A’s closer Grant Balfour and Martinez exchange bad words:
Balfour ends up getting the save as the A’s beat the Tigers 6-3 in Detroit. The A’s take a 2-1 series lead and can advance to the ALCS with a win on Tuesday.
For fun: Kevin Millar and Harold Reynolds make pregame predictions for Game 3:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Matt 'Megatoad' Stonie chugs 2 liters of soda without burping
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Field Of Links: No sugarcoating struggles of A's and Giants
- Champions League predictions: EPL teams with best Round of 16 chances
- Donald Trump grants full pardon for former 49ers owner Edward J. DeBartolo Jr.
- How Hunter Pence returned home to Giants after one season with Rangers
- Steve Kerr uses Twitter to laugh at Warriors' season of adversity
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|