Oct 7, 2013, 5:41 PM PDT
UPDATE: The Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Boston Red Sox 5-4 on Monday night. The Oakland Athletics-Detroit Tigers game will be played at 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday. Comcast SportsNet California will begin pregame coverage at 1:00 p.m. with October Quest.
The Oakland Athletics are one win away from going to the American League Championship Series. Their pursuit may have to wait a little bit longer.
If the Boston Red Sox sweep the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night, the A’s and Detroit Tigers will play at 4:07 p.m. instead of 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time. Major League Baseball wants the A’s and Tigers playing in prime time if the other series is over.
The later start time would be better for everyone involved. A lot of Bay Area fans were forced to miss Game Three of the A’s-Tigers series due to a much-too-early start time of 10 a.m. on Monday morning.
The Rays and Red Sox are currently tied in the fifth inning in Tampa Bay.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|