Oct 11, 2013, 2:06 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics season ended on Thursday night after losing Game 5 of the American League Division Series to the Detroit Tigers. After winning 96 games and the American League West for second consecutive season, the bulk of the A’s roster will be back for 2014.
A’s general manager Billy Beane is know for wheeling and dealing, but he has a young and talented roster full of cost-controlled players. Here’s a handy cheat sheet for the offseason that details the contract status of some of the A’s key players.
For full contract information, check out Cot’s Baseball Contacts.
Players with Options:
Coco Crisp – Club option for 2014 ($7.5 million – expected to be picked up)
Brett Anderson – Club option for 2014 ($8 million – expected to be picked up) and 2015 ($12 million)
Chris Young – Club option for 2014 ($11 million with a $1.5 million buyout)
Kurt Suzuki – Club option for 2014 ($8.5 million with a $650 thousand buyout)
Jed Lowrie (2015)
Seth Smith (2015)
Alberto Callaspo (2015)
Yoenis Cespedes (2016)
Jerry Blevins (2016)
Brandon Moss (2017)
Josh Reddick (2017)
Jemile Weeks (2018)
Jarrod Parker (2018)
Ryan Cook (2018)
Josh Donaldson (2019)
Dan Otero (2019)
Sonny Gray (2019)
Dan Straily (2019)
A.J. Griffin (2019)
Sean Doolittle (2019)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|