Oct 11, 2013, 2:06 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics season ended on Thursday night after losing Game 5 of the American League Division Series to the Detroit Tigers. After winning 96 games and the American League West for second consecutive season, the bulk of the A’s roster will be back for 2014.
A’s general manager Billy Beane is know for wheeling and dealing, but he has a young and talented roster full of cost-controlled players. Here’s a handy cheat sheet for the offseason that details the contract status of some of the A’s key players.
For full contract information, check out Cot’s Baseball Contacts.
Players with Options:
Coco Crisp – Club option for 2014 ($7.5 million – expected to be picked up)
Brett Anderson – Club option for 2014 ($8 million – expected to be picked up) and 2015 ($12 million)
Chris Young – Club option for 2014 ($11 million with a $1.5 million buyout)
Kurt Suzuki – Club option for 2014 ($8.5 million with a $650 thousand buyout)
Jed Lowrie (2015)
Seth Smith (2015)
Alberto Callaspo (2015)
Yoenis Cespedes (2016)
Jerry Blevins (2016)
Brandon Moss (2017)
Josh Reddick (2017)
Jemile Weeks (2018)
Jarrod Parker (2018)
Ryan Cook (2018)
Josh Donaldson (2019)
Dan Otero (2019)
Sonny Gray (2019)
Dan Straily (2019)
A.J. Griffin (2019)
Sean Doolittle (2019)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Kings on short list for potential postseason play-in tournament
- Cal grad Ryan Murphy pushes car as part of Olympic swimming training
- Steph Curry, Steve Kerr among sports stars outraged by George Floyd death
- This stat shows how 49ers were most balanced team in NFL last season
- Kendrick Perkins claims he doesn't hate Steph Curry despite recent takes
- Raiders begin UNLV turf installation to play on at Allegiant Stadium
- Why Max Kellerman believes Kevin Durant still needs to prove greatness
- Giants Insider Podcast: Javier Lopez on pitching to Barry Bonds
- Ex-Giant Javier Lopez recalls vivid details about facing Barry Bonds
- 20 Kings Questions: Can Richaun Holmes and Marvin Bagley play together?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|