Oct 14, 2013, 5:40 PM PDT
After a successful career as a professional basketball player and television analyst, could Jim Barnett be ready to take a bite out of the world of competitive eating? Barnett, 69, is entering his final season as Comcast SportsNet’s Warriors analyst, but don’t expect him to push San Jose’s star eaters Joey Chestnut or Matt Stonie to the limits on the Major League Eating circuit.
Barnett put down just four hot dogs in 10 minutes as part of a Golden State Warriors season countdown event on Monday. That number doesn’t sound too impressive, but it is double the amount of his goal going in.
Warriors’ hype man Franco Finn ate six hot dogs to win the event at Wienerschnitzel in Alameda. That’s a far cry from the 69 hot dogs and buns consumed by Chestnut in the same period of time at this year’s Nathan’s World Famous Hot Dog Eating Competition.
Barnett and Finn were joined by Matt Hoffman, a Warriors season ticket holder. Hoffman ate 5 1/2 hot dogs. He didn’t win the event, but he did win the chance to compete. The Warriors open the season on October 30, at Oracle Arena.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
- NHL rumors: Doug Wilson won't disrupt Sharks' core at trade deadline
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|