Field of Links: Shutdown over: Hello Hitner? NBA considering changing game times to cater to overseas audience
Oct 17, 2013, 10:23 AM PDT
The government shutdown was difficult for many people. For one Bay Area athlete, it could have been a minor inconvenience. The effects of the shutdown wouldn’t have completely derailed 49ers safety Donte Whitner’s efforts to change his last name to “Hitner,” but it would have prevented him from getting a new Social Security card. Now, there are no hurdles remaining.
The paperwork he filed in Ohio is still being processed and the Bay Area News Group has a detailed account of what remains before Whitner officially becomes “Hitner.” Did you know he has to buy all the Nike jerseys with his old name on them? Dropping a letter from your name is an expensive proposition in the NFL. It’s probably better that all of this goes down after the 49ers’ trip to London.
— Stephen Curry is showing off his dunking skills in Shanghai, China.
While still in Beijing, he hit a shot from way beyond halfcourt. Curry might want to be careful. If he gets overseas fans too excited, the Warriors may have some weird regular season start times in the near future. The NBA is kicking around the idea of shifting tip-off times to cater to the international viewing audience. It might be good for the growth of the game, but it would likely be an inconvenience for the people going to them.
— Investors? Meh. Here’s the real reason the planning period for Coliseum City was extended.
If you close your eyes and listen, it is so much less interesting. Well done, Dr. Death.
Keep your eyes on the below links. Well, except for the Craig Sager one.
Field of Links:
— Will Ferrell dropped knowledge while reading the Dodgers’ lineup. Who knew Yasiel Puig believes in chupacabras and that Juan Uribe loves Katy Perry?
— No look, reverse half court shot. Drained it.
— Don’t look directly at Sager’s suit.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers-Packers odds, predictions: Betting lines, picks in NFL playoff game
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|