Oct 17, 2013, 3:48 PM PDT
If you’ve ever wanted to know what Raider Nation sounds like, you’re in luck. The Oakland Raiders recently teamed up with the music streaming site, Pandora, to create a custom channel just for Raiders fans.
Several Raiders players even visited Pandora’s headquarters in downtown Oakland to help capture the essence of Raider Nation. After touring the facilities and learning how the site works, Tyvon Branch, Rashad Jennings, Marquette King, Rod Streater and Jared Veldheer each recorded voice spots for the custom station.
Pandora streams music for free online and allows you to choose a custom station tailored to your liking. You are able to give a thumbs up or thumbs down as the songs are played to help the site determine your musical interests.
Without manipulating the system in any way, Field of Teams thought it would be a good idea to test out the station and hear what the Raiders had created.
King, the Raiders punter, fittingly kicked off the beats by welcoming the Raider Nation to the station. The first song that came on was “Yay Area” by E-40. After that, it became a mixed bag of 80s metal, 70s funk and modern day rap. Throughout the listening session, several different Raiders players popped up and delivered recorded messages. Over the course of two hours, AC/DC and Jay Z were the only artists featured twice. Three different songs by Big Sean were played.
So what does Raider Nation sound like? Apparently, a lot like Big Sean.
Here are some of the featured sounds of the Raider Nation Station:
AC/DC – Back in Black, T.N.T.
Johnny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues
Guns and Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
Kool & the Gang – Jungle Boogie
Luniz – I Got 5 On It
Lil Boosie – Mind of a Maniac
Big Sean – Marvin & Chardonnay, Dance, Beware
Jay Z – Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Tom Ford
Faith No More – Epic
Meek Mill – Levels
Drake – All Me
George Clinton – Atomic Dog
Tower of Power – Soul Vacation
Black Sabbath – Iron Man
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|