Oct 21, 2013, 2:15 PM PDT
Sean “Diddy” Combs wants to become the first African-American majority owner in the National Football League. In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Combs said that he has aspirations to buy a team and believes he will be able to make it happen.
“A majority of the players that are in the NFL are African-American, but there are no African-American owners,” Combs told Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle. “And so that’s one of my dreams.”
The multi-platinum recording artist and entrepreneur made the statement when he was asked about Jay Z’s foray into the world of sports management. According to Forbes, Combs is worth an estimated $550 million. While he is most commonly known as a musician and record producer, Forbes reports that music only makes up 20 percent of Combs’ net worth.
The Cleveland Browns were the most recent NFL franchise to be sold, and it cost new owner, Jimmy Haslam III, over $1 billion to make the purchase. It’s unclear how much planning Combs has done, but he would definitely need to line up several partners based on his current net worth.
You can see Combs’ entire comment regarding becoming an NFL owner on Bloomberg TV’s “The Business of…” or by clicking here.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|