Oct 21, 2013, 2:15 PM PDT
Sean “Diddy” Combs wants to become the first African-American majority owner in the National Football League. In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Combs said that he has aspirations to buy a team and believes he will be able to make it happen.
“A majority of the players that are in the NFL are African-American, but there are no African-American owners,” Combs told Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle. “And so that’s one of my dreams.”
The multi-platinum recording artist and entrepreneur made the statement when he was asked about Jay Z’s foray into the world of sports management. According to Forbes, Combs is worth an estimated $550 million. While he is most commonly known as a musician and record producer, Forbes reports that music only makes up 20 percent of Combs’ net worth.
The Cleveland Browns were the most recent NFL franchise to be sold, and it cost new owner, Jimmy Haslam III, over $1 billion to make the purchase. It’s unclear how much planning Combs has done, but he would definitely need to line up several partners based on his current net worth.
You can see Combs’ entire comment regarding becoming an NFL owner on Bloomberg TV’s “The Business of…” or by clicking here.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw are huge keys to 49ers' elite defense
- NBA rumors: Kings on shortlist for potential playoff play-in tournament
- Cal grad Ryan Murphy pushes car as part of Olympic swimming training
- Steph Curry, Steve Kerr among sports stars outraged by George Floyd death
- This stat shows how 49ers were most balanced team in NFL last season
- Kendrick Perkins claims he doesn't hate Steph Curry despite recent takes
- Raiders begin UNLV turf installation to play on at Allegiant Stadium
- Why Max Kellerman believes Kevin Durant still needs to prove greatness
- Giants Insider Podcast: Javier Lopez on pitching to Barry Bonds
- Ex-Giant Javier Lopez recalls vivid details about facing Barry Bonds
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|