Oct 24, 2013, 9:17 AM PDT
Is anyone else noticing this trend? Jim Harbaugh loves television shows. First, he appeared on Saved By The Bell. Next, he was seen in Judge Judy’s courtroom. Most recently, he said he wouldn’t be opposed to having the 49ers’ Training Camp opened up for HBO’s Hard Knocks.
On Wednesday, Harbaugh turned his press conference around on the international media because he had to know what was going on with a British TV drama called The Foyle’s War. Our 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco was on hand in the United Kingdom to capture the moment.
“I just love that show,” Harbaugh said. “I’ve watched them all. Big fan – Michael Kitchen and Honeysuckle Weeks. Did I get that right?”
You can see the video below. Harbaugh is a very complex and interesting man. He needs his own reality show. Then again, between his press conferences and sideline theatrics, he probably gets enough time on the screen.
— Speaking of reality shows, we’re still forced to keep up with the “Kimye” saga in the Bay Area. Kanye West performed at Oracle Arena on Wednesday and the Raiders provided a nice little gift for the rapper, his new fiance and baby North West.
— The Golden State Warriors were defeated by the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night. The preseason loss hasn’t changed the fact they are one of the trendiest picks to have a huge season. On Wednesday, it was even revealed that Stephen Curry is on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated. There will be a lot of pressure on the team to back up the hype they are receiving. High expectations can be a dangerous thing writes Comrade Ratto:
…when so many people climb on your bandwagon, you learn to fear for the sturdiness of your axles.
— Remember when we told you about the time Cam Zink did the largest backflip in the history of mountain biking and only finished third? Well, in a recent event, Kelly McGarry did a 72-foot backflip and only finished in second place. Really? I’m starting to question the validity of the scoring in this sport. What did the first place guy do? Ride up the mountain backwards?
You’ll absolutely flip for these links. Click and enjoy.
Field of Links:
— Maybe cheerleader Mikayla Clark has a mountain bike and is taking all of the first place trophies. Here she is doing a record 44 back handsprings in a row.
— The puppies didn’t predict this. Yahoo! Sports pointed out how similar the Torii Hunter and Carlos Beltran wall crashes were. They both were the result of a David Ortiz blast with the bases loaded. Beltran actually caught his ball, but hurt his ribs in the process.
— This guy really — I mean really — likes Dr. Pepper. This feels way too staged.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Glenn Robinson III explains most disappointing part of 76ers trade
- Giants excited to see Yolmer Sanchez's revamped swing, fun celebration
- Why Bob Melvin is confident Khris Davis will have a bounce-back season
- Mark Canha Q&A: A's slugger discusses favorite breakfast, grooming
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing at combine
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|