Oct 29, 2013, 3:04 PM PDT
A baby playing third base, a home run by a San Diego Chargers cheerleader, and President Obama playing catch with Buddy The Elf. No, you didn’t accidentally drink from the wrong punch bowl, you are watching San Diego State’s annual Halloween baseball game.
Each year the team dresses in full costume and holds a public scrimmage. Some of the highlights include Facebook playing shortstop, and an at-bat by the entire Jamaican bobsled team from Cool Runnings — complete with the sled. Can you believe they couldn’t beat out the throw to first?
The Red team defeated the Black team 4-3 in four innings. As far as the internet is concerned, this is a must-see video. It only has about 15,000 hits as of publishing this blog. Far too few. A gorilla is coaching third base, you guys.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders QB Derek Carr vents frustration about death of George Floyd
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo absorbs Joe Montana's wisdom about winning
- NFL rumors: George Kittle, 49ers 'not close at all' on new contract
- Evander Kane says white athletes must speak against police brutality
- Dee Ford on the brotherhood he formed last season with NIck Bosa
- Runnin' Plays Podcast: Tom Haberstroh on MJ's secret Dubs practice
- Sharks players laud Bob Boughner's performance as interim head coach
- Logan Couture: The Sharks will look to rebound following the 2019-20 season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|