Nov 4, 2013, 4:05 PM PST
The Oakland Raiders never have any issues with their street cred. As a result, fans donning the silver and black now have yet another song to bump during their tailgate parties.
Bay Area rappers MC Hammer, Gigs 510, Ace Kayo, Mistah FAB and Black Dreez form a group called Oakland Fight Club, and they created a new anthem for Raiders fans. The collaboration is fittingly called Raider Nation. They even shot the music video at the Oakland Coliseum while the Raiders took on the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Before spitting his lyrics on the field, Hammer even took over the pre-game player introductions — a fitting duty for a self proclaimed master of ceremonies.
Hammer drops the final verse of the song and even sneaks in a little love to the Oakland Athletics and a salute to Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson. Hopefully this doesn’t mean that Hammer is beefing with Vallejo based rapper, E-40, who made a San Francisco 49ers song last year.
The Raiders are commonly the subject of musical tributes. They even have their own Pandora Radio station.
Some other notable Oakland Raiders anthems:
Come and Get It (2012) – Performed by Ice Cube
Silver & Black (2002) – Performed by Luniz
Silver And Black Attack (1986) – Performed by the Oakland Raiders
The Autumn Wind (1974) – Written by Steve Sabol for NFL Films
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
- Why A's prospect A.J. Puk feels less pressure after Tommy John surgery
- Giants Mailbag: Which veteran players have best chance at resurgence?
- Logan Couture reflects on difficult first season as Sharks' captain
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|