Nov 13, 2013, 1:30 PM PST
You can immediately cross free agent reliever Brian Wilson off the New York Yankees’ offseason shopping list.
The Yankees have a strict policy against facial hair and Wilson, well, he’s so grizzly at this point that even his trusty Sasquatch friend is jealous.
Check out this tweet from Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News:
Wilson has already made it quite clear that no amount of money will convince him to part ways with his unruly wizard-length beard. He recently turned down a $1 million offer to shave from an online razor retailer.
The Yankees are looking to replace all-time saves leader, Mariano Rivera, who retired at the end of the 2013 season. They’ll have to pluck a baby-faced flamethrower out of the free agent pool.
Wilson spent part of the 2013 with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The former Giant had a 0.66 ERA in 18 appearances after recovering from his second Tommy John surgery.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers' George Kittle voted top NFL tight end over Chiefs' Travis Kelce
- Raiders Talk: Sports Uncovered preview on Barret Robbins
- Marcus Semien embraces leadership role to keep A's safe amid coronavirus
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl explains funny, simple reason why he wears No. 48
- Why A.J. Green trade doesn't make sense for 49ers unlike other big names
- Shaq gives outrageous breakdown of potential Lakers-Warriors matchup
- NBA opt-out tracker: Every player who declined to return for playoffs
- Jake Diekman says MLB coronavirus testing delays 'just can't happen'
- NBA Draft 2020: Watch Warriors' potential target Deni Avdija dominate
- Giants' Heliot Ramos could make MLB debut in 2020, Gabe Kapler says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|