Nov 14, 2013, 1:40 PM PST
It would cost a San Jose Sharks fan around $68.75 to fill the Stanley Cup with beer purchased at SAP Center.
The price of the aforementioned dream scenario was revealed in a recent study by SaveonBrew.com. The same research determined that Sharks fans get one of the best beer deals in the league.
A 16-ounce beer in San Jose will cost you $6.25. The website’s findings indicate the Stanley Cup comfortably holds 168 ounces of beer. Therefore it would take 11 of the 16-ounce beers at SAP Center to complete the task with about eight ounces to spare.
If you don’t have a cherished NHL chalice on hand and simply want to have a good time, three beers will set you back $18.75 in San Jose. That’s noteworthy because only eight hockey arenas have beer prices that are inexpensive enough to buy three brews for under $20.
SaveOnBrew.com’s study says the best beer prices in the NHL are at the home of the Washington Capitals, where $8 gets you a 24-ounce cup. Meanwhile, Madison Square Garden, the home of the New York Rangers, charges a whopping $8.75 for a 12-ounce brew. That means Rangers fans would have to pay $123 to fill the Stanley Cup at their arena. Suckers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Kings on short list for potential postseason play-in tournament
- Cal grad Ryan Murphy pushes car as part of Olympic swimming training
- Steph Curry, Steve Kerr among sports stars outraged by George Floyd death
- This stat shows how 49ers were most balanced team in NFL last season
- Kendrick Perkins claims he doesn't hate Steph Curry despite recent takes
- Raiders begin UNLV turf installation to play on at Allegiant Stadium
- Why Max Kellerman believes Kevin Durant still needs to prove greatness
- Giants Insider Podcast: Javier Lopez on pitching to Barry Bonds
- Ex-Giant Javier Lopez recalls vivid details about facing Barry Bonds
- 20 Kings Questions: Can Richaun Holmes and Marvin Bagley play together?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|