Nov 14, 2013, 1:40 PM PST
It would cost a San Jose Sharks fan around $68.75 to fill the Stanley Cup with beer purchased at SAP Center.
The price of the aforementioned dream scenario was revealed in a recent study by SaveonBrew.com. The same research determined that Sharks fans get one of the best beer deals in the league.
A 16-ounce beer in San Jose will cost you $6.25. The website’s findings indicate the Stanley Cup comfortably holds 168 ounces of beer. Therefore it would take 11 of the 16-ounce beers at SAP Center to complete the task with about eight ounces to spare.
If you don’t have a cherished NHL chalice on hand and simply want to have a good time, three beers will set you back $18.75 in San Jose. That’s noteworthy because only eight hockey arenas have beer prices that are inexpensive enough to buy three brews for under $20.
SaveOnBrew.com’s study says the best beer prices in the NHL are at the home of the Washington Capitals, where $8 gets you a 24-ounce cup. Meanwhile, Madison Square Garden, the home of the New York Rangers, charges a whopping $8.75 for a 12-ounce brew. That means Rangers fans would have to pay $123 to fill the Stanley Cup at their arena. Suckers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|