Nov 15, 2013, 8:15 AM PST
He’s a mild-mannered five-year-old child by day, but when duty calls, he becomes Batkid. This youngster named Miles has been successfully fighting Leukemia for four years. Villains like The Joker, The Riddler and Penguin don’t seem nearly as tough. San Francisco has been transformed into Gotham City and Miles will be its Dark Knight.
With help from Make-A-Wish, Miles will fight crime all around the city.
— He’ll rescue a damsel in distress from the Hyde Street cable car line around 10:15 a.m.
— Stop The Riddler during an in-progress bank robbery at 11:15 a.m.
— Enjoy lunch at the Burger Bar at 12:30 p.m., until a flash mob summons him to help stop the Penguin.
— He’ll rescue San Francisco’s beloved mascot, Lou Seal, around 1:00 p.m., in a heroic chase that culminates at AT&T Park.
— Miles’ historic city-saving efforts will be celebrated on the steps of Gotham City Hall at 2:00 p.m. and you can see it live at this link.
— There’s nothing more brave than a five-year-old kid rescuing Gotham City from super villains, but this is close (and also cute). In Soviet Russia, kid wrestles bear.
That kid grew up to be UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov. And the bear, well, he went on to become a dancing sensation during the National League Championship Series.
Time to wrestle with some links.
Field of Links:
— The MLB Cy Young winners are now honorary WWE Champions.
— Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker was head butted sans helmet. That’ll be good for the NFL and their ol’ concussion controversy. Needless to say, Indianapolis Colts linebacker Eric Walden can expect a fine.
— Brian Wilson refuses to sign with the New York Yankees because they’d want him to shave his beard. Well, Atlanta Braves closer Craig Kimbel may have found him a job.
— These guys sent us a message claiming their song was the anthem of No Shave November. We’ll take their word for it.
— What’s better than No Shave November? Dinovember. For an entire month the parents of some poor impressionable child are tricking their young one into believing his dinosaur toys come to life at night by staging scenes like this:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Adam Jones explains Yoenis Cespedes' WWE title moment, challenges Josh Reddick to wrestling match
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss acrobatically finishes at the rim
- Kings' 3-point shooting on display in blowout win vs. Warriors
- Shot of the Game: Harrison Barnes' two-handed breakaway dunk
- Steve Kerr was impressed by Marquese Chriss in Warriors' loss to Kings
- Poor shooting from 3 dooms Warriors in home loss to Kings
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox battles through nagging injuries in win vs. Warriors
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in 112-94 loss to red-hot Kings
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in satisfying 112-94 win vs. Warriors
- How Sean Hjelle impressed Farhan Zaidi in Giants spring training debut
- Mitch Richmond reflects on 'tear-jerking' Kobe Bryant memorial service
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|