Nov 15, 2013, 4:16 PM PST
Batkid piqued the interest of the nation while saving damsels in distress and thwarting bank robberies. But when the Penguin kidnapped San Francisco Giants mascot Lou Seal, the sports world clearly took exception.
The news of Batkid’s heroic exploits in Gotham City traveled far and wide. It even made it into the San Francisco 49ers’ locker room.
“I just saw it last night on the news and I just think it’s wonderful, wonderful,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “Great for that youngster and great for the city of San Francisco and the whole region. Excited to read about it. Saving lives for the day. I love it. That’s so good. Good deed in a weary world.”
Many prominent athletes also took to Twitter support the lil’ Caped Crusader.
Several sports franchises tweeted about Batkid. According to MLB Network, there were 52,389 tweets using #SFBatkid while he was at AT&T Park.
Based on the mini Dark Knight’s rescue of Lou Seal, the Giants’ mascot became the No. 6 trending topic worldwide. The day was a complete success for all involved. Most importantly, it’s a day that young Miles — a child that has been fighting Leukemia for four years — will never forget.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Adam Jones explains Yoenis Cespedes' WWE title moment, challenges Josh Reddick to wrestling match
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss acrobatically finishes at the rim
- Kings' 3-point shooting on display in blowout win vs. Warriors
- Shot of the Game: Harrison Barnes' two-handed breakaway dunk
- Steve Kerr was impressed by Marquese Chriss in Warriors' loss to Kings
- Poor shooting from 3 dooms Warriors in home loss to Kings
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox battles through nagging injuries in win vs. Warriors
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in 112-94 loss to red-hot Kings
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in satisfying 112-94 win vs. Warriors
- How Sean Hjelle impressed Farhan Zaidi in Giants spring training debut
- Mitch Richmond reflects on 'tear-jerking' Kobe Bryant memorial service
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|