Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 AM PST
Shaquille O’Neal is the newest member of the Sacramento Kings ownership group. That is great news, because when he does goofy stuff, it’s now a local story. On Thursday, Shaq slipped and fell on the TNT basketball set. Seeing an aging seven-footer fall is scary at first, then absolutely hilarious. Just ask Chris Webber.
— Charles Barkley is at it again. For some reason, he has a long standing feud with the Bay Area.
— San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns returned and scored a greasy goal in a 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. For fun: The Lightning are one of nine professional sports teams that don’t end in the letter “S.” Can you name the others?
Field of Links:
— Sportsmanship is dead. Check out this Blackhawks fan in a headdress as he dumps a beer on a Predators fan and runs away. Also: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING VERTICAL VIDEO!
— New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham broke the uprights with his dunk.
— A Thunder fan hit a $20,000 half-court shot and got a high-five from Jay Z. Two Thunder fans have actually drained half-court shots this week.
— Dumbest story of the day: The Minnesota Twins are facing off with the WWE over the Bella Twins.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Old 49ers-Odell Beckham trade idea shows NFL draft was better route
- Sharks' injured stars expected to make full recovery by training camp
- A's legend Dave Stewart describes coronavirus scare, testing process
- Source: Eli Apple, Raiders don't finalize contract in free agency
- 2020 NFL Draft: Why 49ers should trade down both first-round picks
- Warriors' Rick Welts only has one box score framed in his office
- Zac Efron reveals epic Dusty Baker autograph story as young Giants fan
- Dave Stewart discusses his coronavirus scare, future of MLB season
- Giants release several veterans, including lefty reliever Jerry Blevins
- Source: Jordan Devey returning to Raiders, joining crowded guard group
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|