Nov 27, 2013, 9:02 AM PST
A new San Francisco Giants t-shirt made by Majestic has some people in the East Bay riled up. The shirt features a Giants logo with the statement “nobody talks about the elephant in the room” written over the Oakland Athletics logo. It’s a bit surprising to see an MLB licensed piece of apparel that openly rips another franchise.
Keep in mind the A’s aren’t innocent victims here. Their “Zero Splash Hits, Four World Titles” campaign that featured t-shirts, Bay Bridge billboards and a sailboat in McCovey Cove certainly made some waves on the other side of the Bay in 2005.
— Meanwhile, a team that claims both sides of the Bay Area, the Golden State Warriors, snapped their three-game losing streak with a 102-101 victory in New Orleans. They managed to win the game without two of their best players on the court. Center Andrew Bogut was serving his one-game suspension and watching from his hotel room. Andre Iguodala missed his second game with a left hamstring injury, but used the downtime to finish organizing his epic shoe closet.
— Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder is a big basketball fan and a native of Seattle. It’s safe to say he isn’t a big fan of the Sacramento Kings. Vedder recently ripped Sacramento in an on-stage rant while the band was performing in Oklahoma City. Vedder’s Seattle SuperSonics ended up becoming the Thunder, and the Kings almost became the SuperSonics, and all of that makes him very angry — but not “Jeremy” angry.
Ryan Lillis of the Sacramento Bee transcribed his comments and removed the potty language:
“The people that really (expletive) us over is Sacramento,” before adding “when you think about it, and if you’ve ever been to Sacramento, they’re already kind of (expletive).”
Pearl Jam performed at Oracle Arena last night and it sounds like Vedder bit his tongue on the matter while in Northern California.
Field of Links:
— More news with potentially huge fantasy football implications: The Oakland Raiders see Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings as a rushing tandem.
— Sharks are scary, but this may take the cake… A fisherman in Florida hauled in an 800-pound dinosaur fish.
— Brent Burns’ wife and mom made an NHL original six banner for his son’s room. There’s one incorrect team in there. Can you pick it out and name the team that’s missing?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
- Lorenzo Gagli, Edoardo Molinari added to Oman field after negative coronavirus test
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|