Dec 3, 2013, 9:32 AM PST
The Seattle Seahawks 12th Man set yet another Guinness World Record for crowd noise and actually created an earthquake in the process. All the team’s players did was throttle the New Orleans Saints 34-7.
The Saints offense even had custom earplugs made for the game. They got the idea after Brett Favre used the same ambient noise canceling earplugs in the Superdome against the Saints in 2009. They didn’t work.
The Seahawks are undefeated at home and will likely have home-field advantage in the postseason. With the road to the Super Bowl running through Seattle, now might be a good time to start getting nervous, 49ers fans. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has the power to summon earthquakes, create deafening fan noise, and rumor has it, he’s working on a way to get laser beams attached to the helmets of the Legion of Boom. He must be an evil genius… (Artist’s Rendering of Evil Pete Carroll)
The Saints’ team plane even broke down before departing Seattle. One glance at the GIF above will tell you who is likely the culprit. The 49ers will get their chance to exact revenge on the Seahawks in San Francisco on Sunday. Carroll’s villains lose some of their powers on the road.
— The Oakland Athletics payroll WAS flush with new spendable national TV revenue money. They spent most of it on Monday. After reportedly agreeing to sign left-handed starting pitcher Scott Kazmir, the A’s shipped Jemile Weeks to Baltimore for All-Star closer Jim Johnson. Why would the Orioles make such a lopsided trade? Johnson’s salary will be in the $10 million range through salary arbitration in 2014 and the A’s were willing to pay. A’s. Willing to pay. Did that statement really just get typed? *Checks previous sentences in disbelief* Yup.
Field of Links:
— The coolest thing you’ll see today: A guy turned a building into an operational Rubik’s Cube. It’s absolutely as crazy as it sounds.
— Peyton Manning was invited to a fan’s wedding. He “regretfully declined” but autographed the RSVP card.
— This is a couple of days old, but too hilarious not to post: Watch this elderly Chargers fan dance and you’ll be mesmerized.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Glenn Robinson III explains most disappointing part of 76ers trade
- Giants excited to see Yolmer Sanchez's revamped swing, fun celebration
- Why Bob Melvin is confident Khris Davis will have a bounce-back season
- Mark Canha Q&A: A's slugger discusses favorite breakfast, grooming
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing at combine
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|