Dec 4, 2013, 12:53 PM PST
There are very few characters to work with on Twitter. To truly slam someone properly takes a special blend of creativity and wit. On Wednesday, the Sacramento River Cats put on a clinic at the expense of the Reno Aces.
The Rivers Cats are the Oakland Athletics Triple-A affiliate, while the Aces do business with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The River Cats made a valid point.
The Aces finished the 2013 season 60-84, which was the second worst record in the PCL. Sacramento finished 79-65 while having its roster constantly raided by the A’s. The River Cats are routinely one of the most successful minor league baseball teams. They were named the most valuable minor league franchise by Forbes in 2013, and won the PCL South Division in 11 consecutive seasons dating from 2000-2012.
They are about as good at social media as they are on the field. In the Aces’ defense, however, very few people know that River Cats exist. Aquatically inclined cats? Seems suspicious.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Chase Young motivated by former teammate Nick Bosa
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|