Dec 6, 2013, 9:36 AM PST
Giving Candlestick Park a proper farewell is becoming a very pricey proposition for San Francisco 49ers fans. According to SeatGeek.com, there is a record demand for the final two games at “The Stick.”
The site’s research shows that fans have paid an average of $414 for a ticket to Sunday’s rivalry game against the Seattle Seahawks. The demand for that game is over four times higher than it was when those teams last met in San Francisco. Fans paid as much as $1,400 for a field level ticket on the 50-yard line and nosebleed seats are currently going for $300 online.
Tickets for the Dec. 23, Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons are already selling for an average of $296, which is the third-highest average seen since SeatGeek started tracking the data in 2009. Prices are expected to steadily rise for what will likely be the final game at Candlestick Park as the game gets closer.
— The San Jose Sharks played a pretty funny prank on Tyler Kennedy before taking on his former team. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all laughs as the Pittsburgh Penguins snapped the Sharks’ six-game winning streak. The highlight package below begins with video of the prank.
— As Robinson Cano and Jay Z negotiated with the Seattle Mariners on a reported 10-year, $240 million deal, fans wreaked havoc on his Wikipedia page. Cano played for the A’s, Astros, and even the Oakland Raiders at times last night. Always double check stuff found on Wikipedia.
Time for factually accurate links.
Field of Links:
— WORTH YOUR TIME: USA Today put together a list of Nelson Mandela’s 15 best quotes.
— OOPS: This unfortunate graphics mistake went viral. Templates can create havoc during breaking news situations, but why would Alex Rodriguez be in a Detroit news station’s template?
— TAKE NOTES KANYE: This is how wedding proposals are supposed to be done.
— WEIRD CLICK OF THE DAY: What some NFL quarterbacks would look like if they were bald. Here’s a sample:
He even got Ken Jeong to play along!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kaepernick addresses the media in a different spot each week
- Details behind how 49ers fans pranked Seahawks' 12th Man
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- 2020 NBA mock draft 8.0: First-round draft pick predictions, analysis
- Logan Couture reflects on Sharks tough season and first year as captain
- Ex-Giants manager Dusty Baker reveals his challenge when MLB returns
- Harrison Barnes, Kings want chance to make NBA playoffs upon restart
- NBA rumors: Warriors using 'IQ tests' during Zoom draft interviews
- Joe Staley, 49ers give virtual graduation ceremony to class of 2020
- Lou Trivino gives his insight on minor league baseball situation
- Why 49ers might trade Dee Ford to make room for George Kittle extension
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo facing 'prove-it time,' ESPN analyst believes
- Steve Kerr believes Warriors' 73-win NBA record never will be broken
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|