Dec 6, 2013, 9:36 AM PST
Giving Candlestick Park a proper farewell is becoming a very pricey proposition for San Francisco 49ers fans. According to SeatGeek.com, there is a record demand for the final two games at “The Stick.”
The site’s research shows that fans have paid an average of $414 for a ticket to Sunday’s rivalry game against the Seattle Seahawks. The demand for that game is over four times higher than it was when those teams last met in San Francisco. Fans paid as much as $1,400 for a field level ticket on the 50-yard line and nosebleed seats are currently going for $300 online.
Tickets for the Dec. 23, Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons are already selling for an average of $296, which is the third-highest average seen since SeatGeek started tracking the data in 2009. Prices are expected to steadily rise for what will likely be the final game at Candlestick Park as the game gets closer.
— The San Jose Sharks played a pretty funny prank on Tyler Kennedy before taking on his former team. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all laughs as the Pittsburgh Penguins snapped the Sharks’ six-game winning streak. The highlight package below begins with video of the prank.
— As Robinson Cano and Jay Z negotiated with the Seattle Mariners on a reported 10-year, $240 million deal, fans wreaked havoc on his Wikipedia page. Cano played for the A’s, Astros, and even the Oakland Raiders at times last night. Always double check stuff found on Wikipedia.
Time for factually accurate links.
Field of Links:
— WORTH YOUR TIME: USA Today put together a list of Nelson Mandela’s 15 best quotes.
— OOPS: This unfortunate graphics mistake went viral. Templates can create havoc during breaking news situations, but why would Alex Rodriguez be in a Detroit news station’s template?
— TAKE NOTES KANYE: This is how wedding proposals are supposed to be done.
— WEIRD CLICK OF THE DAY: What some NFL quarterbacks would look like if they were bald. Here’s a sample:
He even got Ken Jeong to play along!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Glenn Robinson III explains most disappointing part of 76ers trade
- Giants excited to see Yolmer Sanchez's revamped swing, fun celebration
- Why Bob Melvin is confident Khris Davis will have a bounce-back season
- Mark Canha Q&A: A's slugger discusses favorite breakfast, grooming
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing at combine
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|