Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 PM PST
Candlestick Park seats are now available to the general public, just in time for the holiday season. Don’t expect the seats to arrive by Christmas, though. The 49ers will still need them for the Dec. 23, game against the Atlanta Falcons.
The seats cost $749 per pair and can be purchased online right now.
49ers season ticket holders were allowed to start buying their seats on Nov. 5, for a discounted rate of $649 per pair. Fans can buy up to eight seats, and they are expected to ship in December of 2014.
The 49ers have called Candlestick Park home since 1971, and the stadium originally cost $15 million to build. At $749 per pair, the team would only have to sell 21,000 pairs to recoup the entire construction cost of their old home. The team is donating proceeds to the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department youth programs instead.
New seats are already being installed in the 49ers’ new home, Levi’s Stadium, which is expected to be ready well in advance of the 2014 NFL season. The construction of Levi’s Stadium is expected to cost $1.2 billion.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- Quakes' Tommy Thompson challenges Steph Curry after making tunnel shot
- 49ers-Packers odds, predictions: Betting lines, picks in NFL playoff game
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|