Dec 10, 2013, 3:53 PM PST
The annual Major League Baseball Winter Meetings seem very interesting. In reality, it’s a bunch of reporters and executives waiting around in a hotel lobby. During a patch of downtime during the meetings, our friends at HardballTalk decided to rank MLB’s managers by handsomeness. As Brad Pitt asks in Moneyball, “How can you not get romantic about baseball?”
Well-respected writer Craig Calcaterra took the monumental task upon himself, and even included analysis of each skipper in his rankings.
A’s manager Bob Melvin landed No. 10 on the list. Here’s what Calcaterra wrote about putting Melvin in the top 10:
His boss was played by Brad Pitt in a movie, yet Melvin is better looking than his boss. That’s just truth.
Meanwhile, he has Giants manager Bruce Bochy ranked No. 27 out of the 30 managers.
Look at THAT unfortunate class picture. But even though he’s come a long way, let us not pretend he didn’t have a long way to go. But you know what they call a less-than-handsome man with two World Series rings? That’s right: a champion. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently, Bruce.
Of course, these rankings are intentionally ridiculous. The fact that he took the time to really dig deep, and do some serious research, makes the story a very clickable item. Check out the entire list, and see which managers ranked first and worst.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders QB Derek Carr vents frustration about death of George Floyd
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo absorbs Joe Montana's wisdom about winning
- NFL rumors: George Kittle, 49ers 'not close at all' on new contract
- Evander Kane says white athletes must speak against police brutality
- Dee Ford on the brotherhood he formed last season with NIck Bosa
- Runnin' Plays Podcast: Tom Haberstroh on MJ's secret Dubs practice
- Sharks players laud Bob Boughner's performance as interim head coach
- Logan Couture: The Sharks will look to rebound following the 2019-20 season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|