Dec 10, 2013, 3:53 PM PST
The annual Major League Baseball Winter Meetings seem very interesting. In reality, it’s a bunch of reporters and executives waiting around in a hotel lobby. During a patch of downtime during the meetings, our friends at HardballTalk decided to rank MLB’s managers by handsomeness. As Brad Pitt asks in Moneyball, “How can you not get romantic about baseball?”
Well-respected writer Craig Calcaterra took the monumental task upon himself, and even included analysis of each skipper in his rankings.
A’s manager Bob Melvin landed No. 10 on the list. Here’s what Calcaterra wrote about putting Melvin in the top 10:
His boss was played by Brad Pitt in a movie, yet Melvin is better looking than his boss. That’s just truth.
Meanwhile, he has Giants manager Bruce Bochy ranked No. 27 out of the 30 managers.
Look at THAT unfortunate class picture. But even though he’s come a long way, let us not pretend he didn’t have a long way to go. But you know what they call a less-than-handsome man with two World Series rings? That’s right: a champion. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently, Bruce.
Of course, these rankings are intentionally ridiculous. The fact that he took the time to really dig deep, and do some serious research, makes the story a very clickable item. Check out the entire list, and see which managers ranked first and worst.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Chase Young motivated by former teammate Nick Bosa
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|