Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PST
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters.
Here’s the proof:
Blevins spent seven season pitching for the A’s. He had a 3.31 ERA in 281 appearances, which clearly kept him too busy to learn how to use photoshop.
In exchange for Blevins, the A’s received the Nationals’ minor league player of the year, Billy Burns. The switch-hitting, 24-year-old prospect stole 74 bases during the 2013 season.
(Artist’s rendering of how A’s fans likely reacted to seeing Blevins’ tweet)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- Quakes' Tommy Thompson challenges Steph Curry after making tunnel shot
- 49ers-Packers odds, predictions: Betting lines, picks in NFL playoff game
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|