Dec 12, 2013, 9:24 AM PST
The 2013 Winter Meetings didn’t disappoint. In total, four players were officially signed, with several other players reportedly agreeing to deals, six trades were completed, and a total of 15 players switched teams over a three-day span. Even though things are wrapping up on Thursday, Major League Baseball’s hot stove is still burning.
The aforementioned tally doesn’t even count the San Francisco Giants, who added a big bat to their lineup early Thursday morning. Giants Insider Andrew Baggarly has the details behind the addition of free-agent outfielder Michael Morse.
The Oakland Athletics are usually inactive at the Winter Meetings, but Billy Beane and company made three trades.
Brett Anderson was shipped to the Rockies in exchange for left-handed pitcher Drew Pomeranz and right-handed pitcher Chris Jensen, and Jerry Blevins — the longest tenured A’s player — was sent to the Washington Nationals for speedy prospect Billy Burns.
The third trade completed by Beane might be the sweetest of them all. Check out this video, where Beane swaps candy and snacks with SportsNet Central anchor Ahmed Fareed. Even when messing around, it’s clear why teams are very careful when dealing with the A’s front office.
How about this deal: We’ll swap you some sweet links in exchange for a few minutes of your time. It’s a win-win proposal.
Field of Links:
— PLAY OF THE DAY: Stephen Curry has ice in his veins and incredibly good aim. Check out his reaction after completing another Warriors comeback win.
— VIDEO OF THE DAY: Martyn Ashton does magical and unthinkable things on a bike.
— Every kid wants to be President of the United States when they grow up. Here’s your chance. The Washington Nationals are recruiting people to run in their racing presidents costumes.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing for long wait on draft day
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
- Lorenzo Gagli, Edoardo Molinari added to Oman field after negative coronavirus test
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|