Dec 12, 2013, 9:24 AM PST
The 2013 Winter Meetings didn’t disappoint. In total, four players were officially signed, with several other players reportedly agreeing to deals, six trades were completed, and a total of 15 players switched teams over a three-day span. Even though things are wrapping up on Thursday, Major League Baseball’s hot stove is still burning.
The aforementioned tally doesn’t even count the San Francisco Giants, who added a big bat to their lineup early Thursday morning. Giants Insider Andrew Baggarly has the details behind the addition of free-agent outfielder Michael Morse.
The Oakland Athletics are usually inactive at the Winter Meetings, but Billy Beane and company made three trades.
Brett Anderson was shipped to the Rockies in exchange for left-handed pitcher Drew Pomeranz and right-handed pitcher Chris Jensen, and Jerry Blevins — the longest tenured A’s player — was sent to the Washington Nationals for speedy prospect Billy Burns.
The third trade completed by Beane might be the sweetest of them all. Check out this video, where Beane swaps candy and snacks with SportsNet Central anchor Ahmed Fareed. Even when messing around, it’s clear why teams are very careful when dealing with the A’s front office.
How about this deal: We’ll swap you some sweet links in exchange for a few minutes of your time. It’s a win-win proposal.
Field of Links:
— PLAY OF THE DAY: Stephen Curry has ice in his veins and incredibly good aim. Check out his reaction after completing another Warriors comeback win.
— VIDEO OF THE DAY: Martyn Ashton does magical and unthinkable things on a bike.
— Every kid wants to be President of the United States when they grow up. Here’s your chance. The Washington Nationals are recruiting people to run in their racing presidents costumes.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Richard Sherman says 'majority didn't want to hear' Colin Kaepernick's message
- Pete Carroll lauds Colin Kaepernick protest, which Seahawks nixed visit for
- Juan Toscano-Anderson's Oakland protest draws Steph Curry, other Warriors
- Warriors' Steph Curry continues activism with police brutality protest
- Aaron Rodgers shades Drew Brees, says NFL protests 'NEVER' about flag
- Giants coach Justin Viele recalls Mike Yastrzemski calling MLB shot
- Kings have chance to make playoffs when NBA season returns
- 49ers' Richard Sherman speaks from experience in revealing police problem
- Raiders shut out of Pro Football Focus' top 50 NFL player rankings
- Raiders' iconic Al Davis Memorial Torch debuts at Allegiant Stadium
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|