Field of Links: Warriors fan wins free groceries for a year, Rudolph’s baseball-reference page, drunken elf arrested
Dec 18, 2013, 9:27 AM PST
Things couldn’t have gone much better for the Golden State Warriors and their fans on Tuesday. The Warriors got a much-needed victory, Andre Iguodala returned, and it was Mark Jackson bobblehead night. Wait, it gets better. Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut also combined for this ridiculous alley-oop on an inbound pass.
But one of their fans walked out with something much more valuable than a plastic figurine and might have even upstaged Curry and Bogut. This guy won a year’s supply of groceries and all he had to do was hit a three-point shot from the top of the arc.
Rudolph’s stats are listed on the page, but the list of his similar players is a real treat: Rob Deer, J.T. Snow, Dasher Troy, Cupid Childs, Al Clauss, Steve Christmas, Matt Holliday, Holly Hollingshead, Frosty Thomas, and Ozzie Guillen. Brilliant. Time for a list of some links.
Field of Links:
— Sir “Bam Bam” street? San Francisco Giants hitting coach Hensley Meulens now has a street named after him in Curaçao.
— DISTURBING VIDEO OF THE DAY: The Minnesota Wild mascot donned a Green Man suit.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A Bay Area tattoo shop is offering 49ers tattoos for $49
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Warriors' David Lee gives 'Full Squad' shirts to entire 49ers roster
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Giants' Logan Webb believes Seth Corry's prospect ranking is too low
- Why Sharks’ Tomas Hertl wasn't even 2020 NHL All-Star Game MVP finalist
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl's fifth marker serves as All-Star Game-winning goal
- Watch Sharks' Tomas Hertl score 2020 NHL All-Star Game-winning goal
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl scores fourth goal of NHL All-Star Game semifinal
- Tomas Hertl completes All-Star Game hat trick with sick move on Hellebuyck
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl goes high again for second NHL All-Star Game goal
- How Jimmy Garoppolo's impact on 49ers' offense goes beyond numbers
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl scores four goals in NHL All-Star Game semifinal
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl scores on breakaway in NHL All-Star Game
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|