Field of Links: Warriors fan wins free groceries for a year, Rudolph’s baseball-reference page, drunken elf arrested
Dec 18, 2013, 9:27 AM PST
Things couldn’t have gone much better for the Golden State Warriors and their fans on Tuesday. The Warriors got a much-needed victory, Andre Iguodala returned, and it was Mark Jackson bobblehead night. Wait, it gets better. Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut also combined for this ridiculous alley-oop on an inbound pass.
But one of their fans walked out with something much more valuable than a plastic figurine and might have even upstaged Curry and Bogut. This guy won a year’s supply of groceries and all he had to do was hit a three-point shot from the top of the arc.
Rudolph’s stats are listed on the page, but the list of his similar players is a real treat: Rob Deer, J.T. Snow, Dasher Troy, Cupid Childs, Al Clauss, Steve Christmas, Matt Holliday, Holly Hollingshead, Frosty Thomas, and Ozzie Guillen. Brilliant. Time for a list of some links.
Field of Links:
— Sir “Bam Bam” street? San Francisco Giants hitting coach Hensley Meulens now has a street named after him in Curaçao.
— DISTURBING VIDEO OF THE DAY: The Minnesota Wild mascot donned a Green Man suit.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers' George Kittle voted top NFL tight end over Chiefs' Travis Kelce
- Raiders Talk: Sports Uncovered preview on Barret Robbins
- Marcus Semien embraces leadership role to keep A's safe amid coronavirus
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl explains funny, simple reason why he wears No. 48
- Why A.J. Green trade doesn't make sense for 49ers unlike other big names
- Shaq gives outrageous breakdown of potential Lakers-Warriors matchup
- NBA opt-out tracker: Every player who declined to return for playoffs
- Jake Diekman says MLB coronavirus testing delays 'just can't happen'
- NBA Draft 2020: Watch Warriors' potential target Deni Avdija dominate
- Giants' Heliot Ramos could make MLB debut in 2020, Gabe Kapler says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|