Field of Links: Warriors fan wins free groceries for a year, Rudolph’s baseball-reference page, drunken elf arrested
Dec 18, 2013, 9:27 AM PST
Things couldn’t have gone much better for the Golden State Warriors and their fans on Tuesday. The Warriors got a much-needed victory, Andre Iguodala returned, and it was Mark Jackson bobblehead night. Wait, it gets better. Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut also combined for this ridiculous alley-oop on an inbound pass.
But one of their fans walked out with something much more valuable than a plastic figurine and might have even upstaged Curry and Bogut. This guy won a year’s supply of groceries and all he had to do was hit a three-point shot from the top of the arc.
Rudolph’s stats are listed on the page, but the list of his similar players is a real treat: Rob Deer, J.T. Snow, Dasher Troy, Cupid Childs, Al Clauss, Steve Christmas, Matt Holliday, Holly Hollingshead, Frosty Thomas, and Ozzie Guillen. Brilliant. Time for a list of some links.
Field of Links:
— Sir “Bam Bam” street? San Francisco Giants hitting coach Hensley Meulens now has a street named after him in Curaçao.
— DISTURBING VIDEO OF THE DAY: The Minnesota Wild mascot donned a Green Man suit.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Warriors are in third place in ESPN's NBA Future Power Rankings
- George Kittle should not show up without new contract, says Donte Whitner
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady 'identified' Raiders as team he could win with
- Recent NFL draft history suggests Raiders should be wary of first-round WRs
- 2020 NFL Draft profile: CeeDee Lamb could fill Emmanuel Sanders' 49ers role
- Will Clark shares funny story about homer off Nolan Ryan in MLB debut
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- 49ers' Fred Warner using Super Bowl loss as offseason training motivation
- How Mike Fiers rewarded Jurickson Profar, Ramon Laureano for no-hitter
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|