Dec 19, 2013, 4:45 PM PST
There simply nothing boring and normal about San Francisco Giants right fielder Hunter Pence. With that in mind, the Giants marketing department had a great challenge on their hands when designing a Pence bobblehead.
To show the eccentric outfielder making an awkward dive, or taking a mighty hack at the plate would be much too easy. Maybe giving his figurine wide bobbling eyes would be a good touch? Nah. Too weird.
In the end, they knocked it out of the park with their design concept. On April 9, 40,000 fans in attendance will get this scooter-riding piece of plastic excellence.
Pence famously rides a motorized scooter to the ballpark before each home game. The scooter was made by Giants team chef Joe Day. Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Madison Bumgarner, and Brandon Belt are also members of the scooter-riding ranks.
Pence posted the scooter bobblehead on his Instagram account on Thursday. Providing a creative concept is just one of his many contributions to the Giants. He played in all 162 games last season and batted .283 while hitting 27 home runs and driving in 99 runs. He signed a five-year, $90 million deal with the Giants at the end of the 2013 season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Richard Sherman says 'majority didn't want to hear' Colin Kaepernick's message
- Pete Carroll lauds Colin Kaepernick protest, which Seahawks nixed visit for
- Juan Toscano-Anderson's Oakland protest draws Steph Curry, other Warriors
- Warriors' Steph Curry continues activism with police brutality protest
- Aaron Rodgers shades Drew Brees, says NFL protests 'NEVER' about flag
- Giants coach Justin Viele recalls Mike Yastrzemski calling MLB shot
- Kings have chance to make playoffs when NBA season returns
- 49ers' Richard Sherman speaks from experience in revealing police problem
- Raiders shut out of Pro Football Focus' top 50 NFL player rankings
- Raiders' iconic Al Davis Memorial Torch debuts at Allegiant Stadium
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|