Dec 19, 2013, 9:49 AM PST
Stephen Curry is cementing his standing as one of the most popular players in the NBA. The likable Golden State Warriors guard currently ranks sixth in NBA jersey sales. According to an NBA release, this is the first time Curry has cracked the official top 15 list.
The list is based on overall sales ranging from October through December of 2013. Miami Heat forward LeBron James is No. 1 on the list and Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has the second spot.
Top 10 most popular NBA jerseys (NBA.com):
1. LeBron James, Miami HEAT
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami HEAT
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
— 49ers running back Anthony Dixon is expected to fill the void left by Bruce Miller at full back. He’s no stranger to overcoming challenges. The powerful runner with a huge personality helped raise his younger brothers when he was a kid, and at times, they didn’t even have a home. Switching positions doesn’t seem so hard now, does it?
— Comcast SportsNet Giants broadcaster Duane Kuiper can be a ham in the booth, and now he has his own sandwich at Ike’s Place.
Yum. Time to eat up some links.
Field of Links:
— MUST SEE VIDEO: The stands collapsed during a soccer match in India. Just terrifying.
— When “yo mama” jokes go wrong.
THIS IS THE COOLEST VIDEO YOU’LL WATCH TODAY: The world’s first Superman double backflip. Yup, that’s apparently a thing now.
— Buzzfeed put together the 89 funniest sports GIFs of the year. Only 89? Step up your game, Buzzfeed. Anyway, here’s an example:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing for long wait on draft day
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
- Lorenzo Gagli, Edoardo Molinari added to Oman field after negative coronavirus test
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|