Dec 19, 2013, 2:39 PM PST
Fans that want to bid farewell to Candlestick Park in person, are also saying goodbye to significant amounts of cash.
On Monday, the 49ers will likely play their final game at the ‘Stick. According to StubHub, the nationally-televised tilt between the Falcons and 49ers is the highest-selling Monday Night Football game this season. It sure isn’t because of the football. The Falcons are 4-10 this season, and a shadow of the team that faced the 49ers in the NFC Championship game last year.
How much money does one have to pony up to see football at Candlestick Park one last time? StubHub says the median price for a ticket is $251, which is a big jump compared to the average ticket price of $167 for the season.
[RELATED: See the hidden relics of Candlestick Park]
The cheapest ticket currently available on StubHub is $302 and it is located in the upper reserves. There are lower box seats available for over $3,000, and some crazy person has two upper reserve seats listed for $11,000 each.
The game on Monday night will be the second highest-selling 49ers gave in the last five years. The previous home game against the Seattle Seahawks is currently ranked No. 1 on that list.
StubHub’s data also shows that Monday’s game in San Francisco is the fourth most popular NFL game this season.
Highest-Selling NFL Games of 2013 (According to StubHub):
1. Denver Broncos at Dallas Cowboys (10/6)
2. Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys (12/15)
3. Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (12/8)
4. Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers (12/23)
As Boyz II Men so eloquently put it: “It’s so hard… to say goodbye… to yesterday.” It turns out it’s also very expensive.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bob Melvin thrilled by A's late-game heroics continuing in win vs. Giants
- Gabe Kapler stands by his pitchers after Giants blow five-run lead to A's
- Giants' historic meltdown filled with inexplicable late-game decisions
- Giants blow historic five-run ninth-inning lead, lose to A's in extras
- Dave Kaval trolls Giants fans after A's comeback 8-7 extra-inning win
- George Kittle scared Seahawks into Jamal Adams trade, Ian Williams says
- Would A's consider trading for Johnny Cueto to strengthen pitching staff?
- The Rock congratulates 49ers' George Kittle on his contract extension
- Kuiper brothers have differing calls on Stephe Piscotty's grand slam
- Giants takeaways: What you might've missed in 8-7 loss to surging A's
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|