Dec 30, 2013, 1:19 PM PST
Oddsmakers believe the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will be the most important postseason game this weekend.
With the bracket set for the National Football League Wild Card round, the oddsmakers have released their latest projections. Of the teams without a first-round bye, the 49ers and Packers are considered the two most viable contenders.
The 49ers have the third-lowest odds to win the Super Bowl (low is good). Even though they open the postseason in a hostile environment, the 49ers are considered more likely to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy than two teams with first-round byes — the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers.
The 49ers opened the 2013 season with a 34-28 win over Green Bay. With coach Jim Harbaugh at the helm, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Packers, including a 45-31 win in the divisional round of last year’s postseason.
San Francisco has won six consecutive games, but the Packers are a dangerous team after the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Randall Cobb.
Here’s how each team stacks up (According to Bovada.lv):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers-Packers odds, predictions: Betting lines, picks in NFL playoff game
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|