Dec 30, 2013, 1:19 PM PST
Oddsmakers believe the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will be the most important postseason game this weekend.
With the bracket set for the National Football League Wild Card round, the oddsmakers have released their latest projections. Of the teams without a first-round bye, the 49ers and Packers are considered the two most viable contenders.
The 49ers have the third-lowest odds to win the Super Bowl (low is good). Even though they open the postseason in a hostile environment, the 49ers are considered more likely to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy than two teams with first-round byes — the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers.
The 49ers opened the 2013 season with a 34-28 win over Green Bay. With coach Jim Harbaugh at the helm, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Packers, including a 45-31 win in the divisional round of last year’s postseason.
San Francisco has won six consecutive games, but the Packers are a dangerous team after the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Randall Cobb.
Here’s how each team stacks up (According to Bovada.lv):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Chase Young motivated by former teammate Nick Bosa
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|