Dec 30, 2013, 1:19 PM PST
Oddsmakers believe the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will be the most important postseason game this weekend.
With the bracket set for the National Football League Wild Card round, the oddsmakers have released their latest projections. Of the teams without a first-round bye, the 49ers and Packers are considered the two most viable contenders.
The 49ers have the third-lowest odds to win the Super Bowl (low is good). Even though they open the postseason in a hostile environment, the 49ers are considered more likely to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy than two teams with first-round byes — the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers.
The 49ers opened the 2013 season with a 34-28 win over Green Bay. With coach Jim Harbaugh at the helm, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Packers, including a 45-31 win in the divisional round of last year’s postseason.
San Francisco has won six consecutive games, but the Packers are a dangerous team after the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Randall Cobb.
Here’s how each team stacks up (According to Bovada.lv):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders QB Derek Carr vents frustration about death of George Floyd
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo absorbs Joe Montana's wisdom about winning
- NFL rumors: George Kittle, 49ers 'not close at all' on new contract
- Evander Kane says white athletes must speak against police brutality
- Dee Ford on the brotherhood he formed last season with NIck Bosa
- Runnin' Plays Podcast: Tom Haberstroh on MJ's secret Dubs practice
- Sharks players laud Bob Boughner's performance as interim head coach
- Logan Couture: The Sharks will look to rebound following the 2019-20 season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|