Jan 2, 2014, 1:45 PM PST
Stanford’s Rose Bowl loss was Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s gain. Mayweather often tweets images of his ridiculous betting tickets, and on this occasion, he made a pretty penny on the Michigan State Spartan’s 24-20 victory over the Stanford Cardinal.
The undefeated professional boxer bet $50,000 the Spartans would win. Since Stanford was the favorite, the pay out was $112,500. He was probably more nervous than any of the fans watching during the fourth-and-one play late in the fourth quarter that decided the game.
Mayweather is a native of Grand Rapids, Michigan. While it looks like 2014 got off to a good start for Mayweather, it’s worth noting that he never seems to tweet images of the bets he lost.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NBA draft rumors: Top prospect Anthony Edwards, Warriors yet to meet
- NBA rumors: Kevin Durant will not return for remainder of Nets' season
- Why Warriors could benefit from unique 2019-20 NBA season calendar
- Why Steve Kerr believes NBA will allow Warriors to hold 'minicamp'
- NBA restart: Winners, losers from league's 22-team return-to-play plan
- What if A's hadn't traded Yoenis Cespedes for Jon Lester back in 2014?
- Warriors, LeBron James headline winners from NBA's restart plan
- 49ers' George Kittle reveals which NFL players are toughest to block
- Why Steve Kerr, Warriors need more time to prepare for 2020 NBA Draft
- Bay Bridge Series between Giants, A's recently has been neck-and-neck
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|