Jan 3, 2014, 12:43 PM PST
Kevin Durant is one of the most physically gifted professional basketball players on the planet. His skills apparently don’t translate well to football. The Oklahoma City Thunder star recently got a healthy helping of humble pie when he tried to see what it would be like to rush the quarterback against a Canadian Football League offensive lineman.
Devin Tyler, who spent a year on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad, dispatched Durant with ease while messing around inside a gymnasium. The lanky NBA All-Star might have been better off trying to leap over the Tyler.
At 6-foot-9, 215 pounds, Durant isn’t built like a pass rusher. Aldon Smith, for example, is five inches shorter and 50 pounds heavier than Durant. Smith would have no problem getting past any CFL offensive lineman. Don’t quit your day job, Durant. Conversely, however, Durant would certainly school Smith and Devin Tyler in a basketball game.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Edge rusher Chase Young says Nick Bosa sets the standard
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|