Jan 14, 2014, 1:20 PM PST
The ongoing feud between the 49ers and Seahawks is actually spilling over into baseball. In advance of the NFC Championship Game, two minor league teams got into a major argument on Twitter.
On Monday, the Fresno Grizzlies and Tacoma Rainiers lobbed virtual haymakers at each other while a group of interested followers looked on. The Grizzlies are affiliated with the San Francisco Giants and the Rainiers are affiliated with the Seattle Mariners. Of course, San Francisco and Seattle are the cities competing with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
The Grizzlies threw the first punch.
After team statistics were called into question, the dispute escalated to include attendance figures, standings, and mentions of homegrown players.
The vicious back and forth closely resembles a recent online argument between the Sacramento River Cats and Reno Aces. Who’d have thought the NFC Championship Game would result in a baseball feud?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|