Jan 15, 2014, 1:22 PM PST
Behold the power of the internet. On Tuesday, Jim Harbaugh’s wife, Sarah, called into a talk radio show to express disdain for her husband’s pleated khakis.
During the interview, she explained that she threw away all of her husband’s pleated pants, only to find that he went to Walmart and purchased several more pairs for $8 a piece during the NFL Scouting Combine.
On Wednesday, a Twitter user named Austin Jeffers posted the actual photos of Harbaugh buying the pleated khakis. Jeffers must have Nostradamus-like foresight, as he is actually pointing to the khakis in the photo. Spooky.
The story checks out. Jeffers says the photo was taken at the Walmart on Lafayette Road in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is the closest Walmart location to Lucas Oil Stadium, where the NFL Scouting Combine takes place.
Enjoy your 15 minutes of internet fame, Austin. You earned it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chiefs' Frank Clark discusses bond with 'big brother' Draymond Green
- Why Patrick Marleau's goal song didn't play in Sharks' win over Ducks
- Richard Sherman has 'no animosity' to 49ers after Jim Harbaugh left
- How 49ers receivers learn from each other regardless of NFL experience
- Shot of the Game: Patrick Marleau ties Mike Modano on all-time goals list
- Richard Sherman explains what makes 49ers' defense so tough to beat
- 49ers' Richard Sherman wanted to put Jim Harbaugh 'out of the league'
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in impressive 4-2 win over Ducks
- Shot of the Game: De'Aaron Fox ties game after missing FT on purpose
- How Kyle Shanahan's relationship with Bill Belichick grew after Super Bowl LI
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|