Jan 15, 2014, 4:24 PM PST
Joe Montana is arguably the greatest quarterback ever, and he’s pinning the 49ers’ hopes of returning to the Super Bowl solely on Colin Kaepernick. No pressure.
On an episode of Showtime’s Inside the NFL, which airs Tuesday at 9:00 p.m., Montana stressed that Kaepernick is the key to the 49ers’ success in the NFC Championship. The Hall of Fame quarterback believes the Seattle Seahawks will be able to take away the 49ers run game, putting the pressure on Kaepernick.
“If you can bump and run those receivers and make him make tight throws all the time, Seattle has a chance to beat the 49ers,” Montana said.
Montana made the comments during a web extra segment. He also noted that he’s surprised by the trouble opposing teams have at CenturyLink Field, because teams use silent snap counts. Montana was 2-1 in Seattle, but the Seahawks played in the Kingdome at the time. He said New Orleans is the loudest place he’s ever played.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr uses Twitter to laugh at Warriors' season of adversity
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Labanc benefits from big bounce vs. Panthers
- Brenden Dillon breaks down when asked about potential Sharks trade
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 5-3 matinee loss to Panthers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|