Jan 16, 2014, 3:20 PM PST
New evidence is emerging that further proves 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick isn’t a self-centered jerk. Sorry, Seahawks fans.
After beating the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Kaepernick stepped to the podium rocking a red vest and backwards hat. Critics were quick to pounce on Kap’s flipped lid, but they missed the entire point of his wardrobe.
The vest was designed by a 13-year-old named Jeremiah Jones. The seventh grade fashion aficionado is a big 49ers fan and founder of JYoungin, an up-and-coming clothing brand. Jones sent Kaepernick the vest after learning they both have November birthdays.
So, how geeked up was the young designer to see Kap rocking his gear? Yahoo!’s The Postgame got the scoop straight from the source.
“It was massive,” Jones told ThePostGame. “I was blown away. It was a miracle.”
The PostGame notes that Jones received over 200 text messages after Kaepernick’s press conference, which aired on national television. The simple gesture by the 49ers’ quarterback provided a big boost to JYoungin, a business that is known to do a lot of positive things for the community.
Kaepernick may not say much, but his actions always speak louder than words. It’s worth checking out the full article on ThePostGame for more details.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
- NHL rumors: Doug Wilson won't disrupt Sharks' core at trade deadline
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|