Jan 22, 2014, 10:04 AM PST
He may be the star of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but Andy Samberg reps the Bay Area. The Berkeley native is often seen rocking an A’s hat in his music videos and is a big 49ers fan. Understandably, Samberg was pretty upset after the 49ers were defeated by the Seahawks on Sunday.
He chose to vent his frustration during the Late Show with David Letterman, in a passionate and surprisingly G-rated Seahawks rant.
— 49ers rookie safety Eric Reid will be playing the Pro Bowl. All of the other 49ers opted out.
— Former SJSU quarterback David Fales transformed himself from a passer nobody wanted at the collegiate level to a prime draft pick, writes Raiders Insider Scott Bair from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.
— Imagine how cool it would be to watch sports through the eyes of your favorite player. It’s getting closer to happening.
— The New York Yankees and pitcher Masahiro Tanaka have reportedly agreed to a seven-year, $155 million contract. His numbers in Japan are impressive, but that’s an awful lot of money for a guy that hasn’t played ball in America. Baseball is a filthy rich sport, though, and teams like the Yankees have more than enough money to burn.
All the more reason Bud Selig deserves the inaugural Bud Selig Leadership Award. Yup. MLB commissioner Bud Selig will be receiving the Bud Selig Leadership Award. Good thing he probably doesn’t know how to use the internet, because he’d find a lot of people pointing out how ridiculous that sounds.
Field of Links:
— LeBron James received a WWE Championship Belt from The Rock. You can tell he’s legitimately excited about it.
— Where’s the beef? It’s in Danica Patrick’s new Go Daddy ad.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings show playoff dreams are premature with blown opportunity in OKC
- Sharks' Mario Ferraro is bright spot at center of franchise's future
- Steve Kerr's frustrations boil over after Warriors' loss to Lakers
- Warriors blown out by Lakers thanks to extremely sloppy second half
- Warriors experience full night of horrors in lopsided loss to Lakers
- Warriors officially keep 2020 first-round pick after loss to Lakers
- Warriors' Steve Kerr admits losing is 'not fun' amid lottery-bound season
- Warriors' Ky Bowman to get MRI on ankle, will be out a 'little bit'
- Raiders inform NFL draft prospect of parking-ticket history at combine
- Sharks erase two-goal deficit, come back to beat Devils and snap skid
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|