Field of Links: Brandon Jacobs rips Harbaugh, Kap is a good sport, Seahawks fan makes a huge mistake
Jan 23, 2014, 9:55 AM PST
Retired folks say the darndest things. Brandon Jacobs is done with football, so he doesn’t have to worry about burning bridges. During a radio interview with WFAN on Thursday, Jacobs had some VERY harsh words for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
“He is a b—-, and that’s why he’s never won anything,” Jacobs said.
Jacobs was signed by the 49ers in 2012, and didn’t see the field much. He was inactive for most of the season and was eventually suspended by the 49ers.
To be fair, he also wasn’t afraid to voice his displeasure when he was with the 49ers.
— Even after Richard Sherman made a choking gesture toward Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterback still congratulated Russell Wilson. The exchange was revealed during Showtime’s Inside the NFL.
Wilson: “Hey, great game, man.”
Kaepernick: “Hey, good luck to you. Go get yourself a ring, baby.”
49ers Insider Matt Maiocco notes there were many instances of underreported good sportsmanship because of Sherman’s heated rant.
— 49ers rookie safety Eric Reid was stoked to be drafted to Jerry Rice’s Pro Bowl team.
— A cheerleader is suing the Oakland Raiders. This could potentially become a much bigger story. Since it’s a class action lawsuit, any Raiderette from the previous four seasons can seek damages. NFL cheerleaders don’t get paid very much for their services, and this could become a widespread issue.
— Four Golden State Warriors and one Sacramento King were added to the Team USA’s basketball roster. Monte Poole has the details.
Time for some links!
Field of Links:
— PSA: Don’t plan you wedding for Super Bowl Sunday like this poor Seahawks fan.
— The Team USA uniforms for the opening ceremony in Sochi are interesting. Yeah, let’s go with interesting.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Richard Sherman says 'majority didn't want to hear' Colin Kaepernick's message
- Pete Carroll lauds Colin Kaepernick protest, which Seahawks nixed visit for
- Juan Toscano-Anderson's Oakland protest draws Steph Curry, other Warriors
- Warriors' Steph Curry continues activism with police brutality protest
- Aaron Rodgers shades Drew Brees, says NFL protests 'NEVER' about flag
- Giants coach Justin Viele recalls Mike Yastrzemski calling MLB shot
- Kings have chance to make playoffs when NBA season returns
- 49ers' Richard Sherman speaks from experience in revealing police problem
- Raiders shut out of Pro Football Focus' top 50 NFL player rankings
- Raiders' iconic Al Davis Memorial Torch debuts at Allegiant Stadium
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|