Jan 23, 2014, 3:39 PM PST
Everybody loves free stuff and the San Francisco Giants plan to give away a lot of it this upcoming season — with the purchase of a ticket, of course. Naturally, we’ll start by taking a look at the bobbleheads.
Apr. 9) Hunter Pence Bobblehead
Apr. 25) Duane Kuiper Bobblehead
Jun. 28) Brandon Crawford or Brandon Belt Bobblehead
Jul. 13) Angel Pagan Bobblehead
The prize possession of the lot is certainly the Hunter Pence scooter-riding bobble.
It’s not a slight on any of the other players, but the bobblehead commemorating Giants broadcaster Duane Kuiper’s only career home run is also a must-have item for novelty purposes. It will be handed out to the first 40,000 fans at the game on Apr. 25, when the Cleveland Indians are in town. Kuiper, of course, hit his lone home run as a member of the Indians.
The Giants will be offering a standard fare of other interesting giveaway gear. It’s fair to assume the Sergio Romo superhero socks will be in high demand, as will the Star Wars R2D2 beanie. Here are some of the highlights.
Apr. 26) 1954 NY Giants Replica World Series Ring
Apr. 27) Pablo Sandoval Kids Bat
May 16) Tim Lincecum Orange Friday T-Shirt
May 25) Giants BBQ Apron
May 26) Giants Beach Towel
Jun. 7) Sergio Romo Super Hero Socks
Jun. 8) Hello Kitty Giants Plush
Jun. 14) Madison Bumgarner Camo Cap
Jul. 12) 25th Anniversary of Dave Dravecky’s comeback – Commemorative Pin
Aug. 31) Star Wars R2D2 Beanie
Individual tickets for the 2014 season will go on sale during Giants FanFest on February 1. The Giants have sold out their last 246 regular season home games, which is the longest active streak in Major League Baseball.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Kings continue postseason push, move to within four games of Grizzlies
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
- Watch ex-Shark Patrick Marleau get ready for Penguins debut vs. Kings
- Lakers' LeBron James won't play Thursday vs. Warriors at Chase Center
- Jeff Samardzija laughs at Yankees trade rumors after Luis Severino injury
- Warriors' Steve Kerr casts doubt on Steph Curry's March 1 return date
- NFL rumors: 49ers' DeForest Buckner rejected contract extension last offseason
- Raiders Talk Podcast: Offseason Outlook (Tom Brady?!)
- NFL rumors: Raiders could be free-agent option for QB Philip Rivers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|