Jan 23, 2014, 2:20 PM PST
The Super Bowl is a spectacle and the sideshows can be more entertaining than the game itself.
With that in mind, Bovada.lv recently released their list of Super Bowl prop bets, and they’re downright ridiculous. Fans can wager on whether or not they think the game announcers will mention “Marijuana” or if Peyton Manning will say “Omaha” more than 27 times.
Nothing is considered out of bounds. You can bet on Michael Crabtree’s tweets — or lack thereof — during the game, the weather, and even Knowshon Moreno’s tears.
If you’re still reeling from your team’s tough loss in the NFC Championship, or disgusted that your favorite franchise won’t be anywhere near MetLife Stadium during the Super Bowl, there might be another way to find a rooting interest in the big game.
The 10 most ridiculous Super Bowl XLVIII prop bets:
1) Will the announcers say the word “Marijuana” during the game?
Yes +550 (11/2)
No -900 (1/9)
2) How many times will Peyton Manning say “Omaha” during the game?
3) Will Michael Crabtree mention Richard Sherman in a tweet during the Super Bowl from kickoff until final whistle?
Yes +150 (3/2)
No -200 (1/2)
4) Will it snow during the game?
Yes +300 (3/1)
No -500 (1/5)
5) Will the power go out in the stadium during the game?
6) Will Knowshon Moreno cry during the singing of the National Anthem?
Yes +400 (4/1)
No -700 (1/7)
7) If the Broncos win will Peyton Manning retire before game 1 of the 2014 Regular Season?
Yes +700 (7/1)
No -1500 (1/15)
8) Will Richard Sherman be interviewed on field after the game on the live FOX broadcast?
9) What will be higher?
Gold Medals by the USA in the 2014 Sochi Olympics +120 (6/5)
First Half Total Points by the Broncos -150 (2/3)
10) Historical Matchups – What will be higher?
Peyton Manning Passing Attempts Super Bowl XLVIII -200 (1/2)
John Elway Completions & Attempts Super Bowl XXXII (34 Total) +160 (5/8)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Adam Jones explains Yoenis Cespedes' WWE title moment, challenges Josh Reddick to wrestling match
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss acrobatically finishes at the rim
- Kings' 3-point shooting on display in blowout win vs. Warriors
- Shot of the Game: Harrison Barnes' two-handed breakaway dunk
- Steve Kerr was impressed by Marquese Chriss in Warriors' loss to Kings
- Poor shooting from 3 dooms Warriors in home loss to Kings
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox battles through nagging injuries in win vs. Warriors
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in 112-94 loss to red-hot Kings
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in satisfying 112-94 win vs. Warriors
- How Sean Hjelle impressed Farhan Zaidi in Giants spring training debut
- Mitch Richmond reflects on 'tear-jerking' Kobe Bryant memorial service
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|