Jan 23, 2014, 2:20 PM PST
The Super Bowl is a spectacle and the sideshows can be more entertaining than the game itself.
With that in mind, Bovada.lv recently released their list of Super Bowl prop bets, and they’re downright ridiculous. Fans can wager on whether or not they think the game announcers will mention “Marijuana” or if Peyton Manning will say “Omaha” more than 27 times.
Nothing is considered out of bounds. You can bet on Michael Crabtree’s tweets — or lack thereof — during the game, the weather, and even Knowshon Moreno’s tears.
If you’re still reeling from your team’s tough loss in the NFC Championship, or disgusted that your favorite franchise won’t be anywhere near MetLife Stadium during the Super Bowl, there might be another way to find a rooting interest in the big game.
The 10 most ridiculous Super Bowl XLVIII prop bets:
1) Will the announcers say the word “Marijuana” during the game?
Yes +550 (11/2)
No -900 (1/9)
2) How many times will Peyton Manning say “Omaha” during the game?
3) Will Michael Crabtree mention Richard Sherman in a tweet during the Super Bowl from kickoff until final whistle?
Yes +150 (3/2)
No -200 (1/2)
4) Will it snow during the game?
Yes +300 (3/1)
No -500 (1/5)
5) Will the power go out in the stadium during the game?
6) Will Knowshon Moreno cry during the singing of the National Anthem?
Yes +400 (4/1)
No -700 (1/7)
7) If the Broncos win will Peyton Manning retire before game 1 of the 2014 Regular Season?
Yes +700 (7/1)
No -1500 (1/15)
8) Will Richard Sherman be interviewed on field after the game on the live FOX broadcast?
9) What will be higher?
Gold Medals by the USA in the 2014 Sochi Olympics +120 (6/5)
First Half Total Points by the Broncos -150 (2/3)
10) Historical Matchups – What will be higher?
Peyton Manning Passing Attempts Super Bowl XLVIII -200 (1/2)
John Elway Completions & Attempts Super Bowl XXXII (34 Total) +160 (5/8)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Aldon Smith not labeling self as 'victim' is great sign of growth
- Nets players free of coronavirus symptoms, but Kevin Durant might be delayed
- Steph Curry explains how he's above average in 'Tour de Warriors' race
- Sharks' Stefan Noesen dealing with extra uncertainty in coronavirus pandemic
- NFL rumors: Aldon Smith, Cowboys agree to terms as ex-49er, Raider returns
- Why Nick Kwiatkoski loved Raiders' mentality as an opponent
- NBA rumors: Warriors likely draft Anthony Edwards at No. 1 if no trade
- How analytics show Jimmy Garoppolo as one of NFL's better starting QBs
- What A's Chad Pinder recalls watching Sean Manaea no-hitter from outfield
- Sharks' Stefan Noesen defends choosing 'Hakuna Matata' for goal song
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|