Case of the Mondays: Curry’s ‘Grammy Shoes’ light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers ‘Crabtree’s Tears’
Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 AM PST
Welcome to A case of the Mondays. There’s always a lot going on during the weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to spend the past two days on the couch, you can catch up on the top five sports items you may have missed here.
No. 1 – As good as gold: Stephen Curry put the “gold” in Golden State on Sunday. The Warriors star guard donned a custom pair of Under Armor shoes that featured a shiny gold exterior and tuxedo soles.
Curry’s “Grammy kicks” might have gone unnoticed among the glitz and glamor of the red carpet, but they were perfection on the hardwood.
Curry’s star shined bright as he led the Warriors with 38 points and eight assists to help beat the Portland Trail Blazers.
No. 2 – Retweet me and I’ll stay: 49ers fans were given the rare opportunity to make general manager Trent Baalke’s job easier. On Friday, 49ers safety and soon-to-be free agent Donte Whitner asked fans to retweet him if they want him to retire as a 49er. While thousands of fans obliged, it will still take millions of dollars to get a deal done.
No. 3 – Enough already: A restaurant in Seattle is selling a sandwich named “Crabtree’s Tears” for $8. Seattle Biscuit Co. proudly tweeted about their creation on Saturday. You’d think it would include crab of some kind, but it’s actually a biscuit with ham, caramelized onions, and sweet onion mustard. In other words, it makes no sense. Nice effort, Seattle. Good luck in the Super Bowl.
No. 4 – Moth Delay: Los Angeles rolled out the red carpet for the NHL Stadium series game at Dodgers Stadium. There was a live Kiss concert, a group of ladies doing yoga near the rink, celebrities, and oh yeah, hockey. Over 54,000 fans packed the stands to see the first ever outdoor NHL game in California, and they were all treated to one of the strangest delays in recent memory.
Check out how a moth stole the show before the Kings defeated the Ducks 3-0.
No. 5 – Beats by Richard: Say what you will about Richard Sherman, but he’s the kind of guy you want on your side. And if his smack talk bothers you, no problem. He’ll buy you noise-canceling head phones worth more than your car. Check out these gold and diamond encrusted Beats.
Three to see:
If you’ve made it this far, clearly you have some time on your hands. Here are three stories that you simply must see:
— Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt is a very good reliever, but he’s a great humanitarian.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Kings continue postseason push, move to within four games of Grizzlies
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
- Watch ex-Shark Patrick Marleau get ready for Penguins debut vs. Kings
- Lakers' LeBron James won't play Thursday vs. Warriors at Chase Center
- Jeff Samardzija laughs at Yankees trade rumors after Luis Severino injury
- Warriors' Steve Kerr casts doubt on Steph Curry's March 1 return date
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|